Backpack & items disappearing

Troubled soul

We are losing items and backpack when respawning both when we die and on the many times per day that the game crashes. Spent many hours collecting and making items just for them to disappear. Makes the game unenjoyable and frustrating. This shouldn't happen on a fully released game that we paid decent money for. Is this being fixed?

Hi Troubled soul

Please give me as much information as possible about your save setup and the issue you are having using the guide provided - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

Please be sure to include..

What console you are on

Does this effect hosts and clients or exclusively clients?

When you say you are losing items do you mean they vanish from the world after a crash or they are in your backpack and your backpack empties / is lost when you die /crash?

With enough information I should be able to determine if this is an issue the team knows about (and provides any troubleshooting options there may be) or if it is a new issue that I will bring to the attention of the team for investigation.

Thank you,

Clare

Xboxone Had same problem

Just standing in tunnel entrance 6 blocks down, screen went black, then I'm standing on surface. When i opened my backpack nothing. all 500 rounds ammo, food, drink, tools, resources, mats everything gone. Tool belt fine, luckily I keep spare stuff on bike, this game seems to think I should not be underground, I can be crafting, mining or eating and get teleported to the surface above where I was standing, this was the first time losing backpack though, generally it happens between 2am and 4am in game so far about 10 times, my minibike disappeared 6 blocks up into the ceiling, that was fun trying to get it back, still a good game though

@Warpspawn, as an FYI, this game is only in Alpha testing at the current time, that is why the Version you have is called Alpha 18. The bug you are experiencing I have had many times. Usually the tunnel disappears too, if I have hand dug it. I think of it as a modified MD5 error on my XBox. It almost always takes everything in my storage containers if they are near, what is in my backpack (treats it like I died), shoves me to the surface and closes off a 16x16 block area. If you treat it like an MD5 error and immediately shut down your console and unplug it so it can’t write to the cloud, you can 99% of the time save yourself from loosing everything. After turning the console back on don’t forget to go in and delete all saved games on your hard drive. Hope this is helpful.

Warpspawn - I have responded to you in your thread you created, however this seems to be different to the issue you mentioned to me, please elaborate on this issue in your own thread and I will investigate what could be causing this (I generally don't do more than one player per thread as responses and information can get confusing)

Wildangel - The Console version of the game was released as a full version of PC's Alpha 14.7. We are not on Alpha 18 on Console, we are on version 1.18 (PS4) or 1.0.18.0 (XB1) of the full release.

As the backpacks items are being lost, and there is no mention of a crash, this appears to be more of a teleportation issue than an MD5 error which only effects the world, not the characters.

Archived