NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object ERROR

CristianS

Hello, i tried to replace all special zombies and i did it in the entitygroup xml but i get the next error. First error is when i edited the whole xml including auto generated lines, the second one is without auto generated lines edited. I'm thinking that if i edited the auto generated lines i need to edit also one or more xml, but i don't know which ones.

PS: Also i mention i write the command "settime" to advance the game with 100+ days so i can get all types of zombie to be sure, ferals and other special zombies aren't spawning, that's the moment when the following errors appear.

All help is appreciated. Thank you.

2018-04-13T00:46:10 278.308 INF Spawning screamer horde zombie from scoutHordeStageGS8
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroup (System.String _sEntityGroupName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.YZ (.World , Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.Update (.World world, Single dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.BW (Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.UZ (Double ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.Tick (Double dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2018-04-13T01:02:15 221.635 INF Spawning screamer horde zombie from scoutHordeStageGS18
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroup (System.String _sEntityGroupName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.YZ (.World , Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.Update (.World world, Single dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.BW (Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.UZ (Double ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.Tick (Double dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hello,

I think this should be in the mod Forum.

Anyway - there are a bunch of things that you should know before jumping in and trying to do something like you are. NotePad++ is your editor of choice for xml files.

If you went to the mod forums you could ask how to do what you're trying to do and would probably get an immediate response with full details.

I am not a modder but only know some programming - mostly assembly, anyway - what I seem to think is wrong is:

" at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroup (System.String _sEntityGroupName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

Not knowing how this game does it I would think that the system is specifically looking for the entity group name of: "_sEntityGroupName" but I could very well be wrong! :)

Archived