Lose everything

Venom100320

I lost everything when my game crashed

They're going to need more information...

Title

Make sure the title of you post shows what console you're on at the start and use the format:

"[PLATFORM] [Type of Bug (Hitching, Crash, texture etc)] Post Title"

For example:

[XBOX][AUDIO] Auger sound constantly repeats

or

[PS4][AUDIO] Chainsaw sound stuck to Zombie

If you know what area of game is effected you can use the Prefixes (above Title when making a post) to help out too, don't worry if you don't though.

Short brief titles are best, because you can use the body of the post to give me all the details.

Main Post

So now that I know what console you're on I'm going to need as many details as possible about it, your game and the bug...

Setup

Before we get to the main bug, I need to know what your setup is. So aside from console type, details about your console, what patch are you on, do you have any DLC, disk or digital etc. Basically everything that is in place before the bug happens, if you are in a world when the bug occurs, What kind of game you were playing? Map, what time of day it was, what in game day it was, which character were you playing as, what biome were you in, single player or multiplayer and anything else you think might have contributed to the bug.

Game Type:

Map Type:

Seed/Save Name:

Disk or Digital:

DLC:

Character:

Difficulty:

Run:

Aggression:

Day length:

Drop On Death:

Enemy memory:

Enemy Spawning:

Block durability:

Loot respawn time:

Loot abundance:

Airdrops:

24 hour cycle:

In-game Day:

Installed Game Location (Console / HDD):

Remaining Space in install Location:

If playing Online Multiplayer, and it is potentially a connection issue, please include:

Are you Host or Client:

Upload Speeds (while playing the game):

Download Speeds (While playing the game):

NAT type:

Wired or Wireless connection:

Internet Service Provider (ISP):

Router connected to console:

How many console connected to same router:

Step by Step

Do you know what you did before the bug? Can you repeat it by following the same steps? Please list them here, it will help isolate the issue further. Bullet point if possible.

The Bug

When the steps are completed, what happens? Try to be descriptive as possible if you can. Any little thing you see can be a factor. If the game crashes, how does it crash? what do you see? Is there a round cursor on the screen? where do you crash to (game menu / console menu)

Media

Any media files? One of the things that helps us out is if you have a video or screen grab of the bug occurring, this can help us test and try recreate the bugs ourselves to try find the origin. If you see a bug you can get your console to record the last few minutes and submit that to us.

The forums doesn't allow large files to be posted, but linking to OneDrive, Imgur, Youtube or similar is fine.

Extras

Anything else? Any other information you can think of that might help us, add it in, the more info we have, the better! User ID or Gamer profiles would be helpful too.

The more posts that follow this layout, the easier it is for us to report, test and resolve issues.

3) Do not post anything other than Bug Reports in this section, they will be moved or removed.

4) Be respectful to the staff, mods and teams working on the game as well as your fellow players. We understand you are frustrated, but being rude, spamming bugs across the forums and starting arguments in the forums are not going to get your bug seen any quicker, and could result in your post being deleted or your account banned.

5) The teams working on the game are working hard to narrow down and fix bugs reported to them. The game will be updated, console updates just take a little more time than PC ones. I will try to get info to you as often as I can, but please be patient. Silence does not mean the teams are not working.

Hi Venom100320,

When reporting bugs, please use the guide provided (see Lockspur's post above or the link - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting ) for the kind of information we look for.

When you say you lost everything, was the area your base in reset to Day 1? This is likely an MD5 error.

Or did you lose all your levels and skills from the crash? This normally only occurs when you are a client in a multiplayer game

If it is something else entirely, please elaborate.

Please also let me know what console you are playing on.

Thank you,

Clare

I lost half my base and I lost all my chest that where in my base that had a bunch of resources the day I was on 30 and i was the host of the game and the 24 hours was set to 60 the game would make a weird sound like a stuttering sound and then send me back to the home screen to where I would have to reload the game back up I was playing the game on my Xbox one x and it is currently hard wired to my internet

I am playing on my Xbox one x and it is hard wired into my internet and I was the host of the world I believe we were on day 11 when the crash happened I lost half my defenses around my base and I lost my chest with most of my resources and gathering that I found

Hi Venom1000320,

What you experienced was indeed an MD5, this is an error that has multiple triggers, but the most common cause on XB1 is from the regular crashes within the game.

Many of the MD5 triggers have already been fixed in previous patches and the team are working on the remaining ones as well as the crashing issue that often triggers them. The team and I know how frustrating this issue can be for players, and it remains a top priority for the team.

In the mean time, players on XB1 found a way to work around the MD5 errors. While not ideal, if performed immediately after a crash it can prevent the MD5 error from taking hold. As this is a player found workaround caution is advised but many players have avoided the MD5 error using this method - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

Similarly, players have said they avoid crashes by logging out and hard resetting the console or clearing the cache (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins before rebooting) when they see an indicator for the crash. These indicators include - menus not displaying correctly / menus flickering / severe weather changes / animals no longer spawning / not spawning correctly.

As well as the two methods of avoidance mentioned above, players have also reported that clearing the cache before playing a multiplayer session helps too. In the event of a MD5 error occuring, some players have noted that the error has centred on crafting stations / crafting areas the player has created and have said spreading out active stations and resources so they are not all kept in the one area has also helped.

I am sorry you have been hit by the MD5 error. As I said, I know how frustrating and disheartening this is for players. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Clare

You may need to check to see what works for you. Some players find they can time the crashes, others fine they are more random. If you can time yours I would recommend clearing the cache before it occurs, that should reset the countdown, that should minimise the crashes and then if they happen to occur you have the workaround listed above as a backup - keep in mind, that workaround is very time sensitive as XB1 can sync data to the cloud very quickly.

I play on the Xbox version too and I rarely experience this issue but hopefully I can help you with it. First of all I must ask whether your base is something that you built or is it a pre-built base (game generated), Second are you in Single player, single player Co-op, or are you in a public or private server, Third was your base built within the current version (1.0.18.0), Finally fourth how big is your base and how much stuff is in it(decorations, blocks, items, size of base, etc.). I find these to be major factors of errors within the game, or you could be experiencing a MD5 error or possibly your world data is corrupt. I really hope I helped you out or at least tried too as well as Clare with your issue and I hope it's resolved. Till' then good luck and happy gaming,

-Bomb

Archived