Splitscreen Crash

shadrac

[Moved from https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?56969-Xbox-One-local-splitscreen-world-crashes-every-two-hours-like-clockwork/page2 by Clare]

Hey Clare, thanks for getting back with me. I'll answer all your questions in order. It happens after x amount of time, x being 2 hours exactly, to the second. When I said that I changed settings, I have 4 worlds on my console, one each to play split screen with each of the other people in my house (two of which are up to day 40ish and 70ish) plus my single player world, all of these crash in the same manner EXCEPT my single player which never crashes, which is why I said that the settings in each make no difference only the split screen because they all crash the same way, plus I experimented making with making new worlds too, so to answer your question on that, both. The whole "current world" or "new world" doesn't seem to make a difference because in one of my testing phases I actually made a new world, stood there for two hours and right on time, crash to dash board, deleted it, made another new one, went crazy destroying the environment, and still 2 hours on the dot, crash to dashboard. Please let me know if there is something else I might have missed.

We have a new Xbox One S and are running version 1.0.18.0 and have the same crash every 2 hours - only in multiplayer split screen. We also have other issues after it crashes - where some items will respawn and remove the work that was performed.

This is quite annoying and I sure hope a patch is coming soon.

Any information I can provide to assist - let me know.

Thanks,

Shadrac

Hi Shadrac,

I moved your post to it's own thread as you were posting on a thread from December 2016 - please note that necroposting / revival of old posts is against forum rules. Generally speaking if the post is from before the most recent patch, starting a new thread and linking back to any thread you feel is relevant is the best way to avoid necroposting and share information needed.

With regards to your issue, what you are experiencing is an MD5 error occurring after a crash. This is where a section of the world is reset the day 1 state. There is a player found workaround that may help you avoid future MD5 errors - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets) - this is a player found workaround, so caution is advised as it involves deleting and resyncing data.

The regular crashes are known by the team, they aim to continue to improve stability of the game with each update. While they are working on this issue, players find that hard resetting the console or clearing the cache (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins before rebooting) regularly helps avoid the crashes. While I know this is not ideal, a number of players have said doing this when they suspect a crash is coming helps avoid MD5 errors.

Some of theses indicators are:

Flickering of the Menus

Menus not displaying correctly

Severe change in weather

Animals not spawning correctly

If you have any others questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Clare

Archived