Help

Tcush7

Okay so I'm at day 49 love the game no bugs till now the other person I play with dies when join the game I try everything to fix this but nothing seems to work hate to lose all my work. This is on PS4 and I'm the host

Hi Tcush7,

Can you please elaborate on the issue you are having?

By other person, so you mean your character is dying every time you load your save file?

Did you quit the game before or quickly after re-spawning before this started to happen in your game? If you play for say, 30 mins, and then log out and reload the save does it still happen?

To clarify, by progress loss do you mean your player stats?

What have you tried to fix this so far? Have you cleared the cache of the console by shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins before rebooting?

Thank you,

Clare

Hi Tcush7,

Can you please elaborate on the issue you are having?

By other person, so you mean your character is dying every time you load your save file?

Did you quit the game before or quickly after re-spawning before this started to happen in your game? If you play for say, 30 mins, and then log out and reload the save does it still happen?

To clarify, by progress loss do you mean your player stats?

What have you tried to fix this so far? Have you cleared the cache of the console by shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins before rebooting?

Thank you,

Clare

I play with another person we play together and everytime he spawns in to play he died everytime I have not try the cache fix but I will and we will see

I try the cache it didn't work the other player dies when joining my game no matter what and by lost work I mean I will not play with out the other person we did all together I hope this helps. To clear up the problem is when we he joins my game he dies and does not spawn back at his bed that he lay down and this happens every time he joins the game

Hi Tcush7,

Thank you for explaining. It sounds like his character is caught in a loop, did either of your quit the game before he spawned back in before this stated happening?

Does he not spawn back at his bed at all? does the option to spawn back not show for him?

Can you join a game he hosts without issue?

Can he join a different save without any problems?

I just want to clarify whether the issue is him connecting to you, or within the save file itself.

Is it possible to test inviting someone else into the game to see if the same occurs for them or if it is only your friend that is effected in the save?

Does he always spawn in and die in the same point? What is in the area where this occurs? Can you build in that area to trigger him joining the game in another location to see if that breaks the loop?

Clare

Update: the team are wondering if it would be possible to get a video of what's occurring from your friends point of view to see if they can spot anything. If we could get a video of the same thing happening from your point of view too I believe that would also be helpful.

Hi Tcrush7, Thank you for sending on those videos.

Is the area of the bed where you're looking where your friend is due to spawn in? It looks like when your friend spawns in, he is being crushed and teleported to the roof. You don't always spawn directly on the bed, you can spawn in the area and to the side of it, which in your friends case is boxed in. This may also explain the random spawn point, if the game registers the bed as not being accessible it will place you elsewhere rather than spawn you in blocks and crush you again.

Please try having your friend replace the bed in minimum 3x3x3 room or an open space, log out and log back in to see if it still occurs. If it does still occur please let me know if the game behaves the same way as in the videos.

In the mean time I shall pass these videos onto the team for them to have a look at to see if they have any other suggestions in case that is not the cause.

Clare

Hi Tcush7,

Just a followup question, in talking to one of the team members, they mentioned this behavior could be exhibited if the bedroll was placed at exactly 0,0 on the map. Would this by any chance happen to be the case for this bedroll?

Clare

Okay I am playing random gen map name is Valencia and my main base in the map is 1343S 283 E that's were it all started and we're on day 55. The wooden base in the video is something I put together real quick it's not my main my base. And I can't get the other person to help test any thing. One thing I want to note when I watch his video I saw my main base when he die and was no we're near it and his bed was not there.

Hi Tcush7,

Sorry for my own confusion, but I just want to confirm, was where you were looking where they were due to spawn in, but from their point of view they were spawning in elsewhere at the main base? Can you confirm to location where your friends bed is, is not at 0,0 on the map?

It looks to me that they're spawning in on the roof of somewhere. I am sorry to hear that they do not wish to move or modify areas to see if it can help, but at the same time, understand. I will pass this info onto the team anyway.

Clare

Archived