Multiple issues.

IHRmaniac97

Hi, me and my friend play this game quite a bit, and I've noticed when he hosts, his game crashes quite often, forcing us to restart the server, which isn't a huge problem, just an annoyance. And secondly, we had built in a prebuilt home, got all the way up to day 52, and the game decided this morning when we got on, that it would add furniture to the building and make ALL 13 of our chests disappear, we had a LOT of items in those and they're just entirely GONE. This is a major issue that needs to be fixed asap, not only for us, but for other players who may not come on these forums also. Please fix this.

MD5

You must play on XBox? If so it’s an MD5 error. It has actually been an issue for quite some time. Usually there is some type of indication it is going to happen, like the game kicks you back to the main menu or the screen goes black. There is a work around. It usually starts once you start to build up supplies, forges and workbenches in one location. When the games crashes, immediately force shut down the console and unplug it (XBox can still write to the cloud even if you turn it off), the purpose to this is to keep it from doing that. Then wait a couple minutes and turn it back on, go to settings, storage, and clear local games. Once you clear the local saved games it will force the game, when you start it, to resync with the cloud game, which should be before the MD5 error. You might loose a little progress, but should keep your stuff. Works 95% of the time for me.

Good luck

Wildangel

EDIT: Sorry Wildangel55, didn't see your post there - thank you for sharing that info too!

Hi IHRmaniac97,

Can you tell me what Console you're playing on?

What you are experiencing is an MD5 error which most commonly occurs as a result of a crash.

If you are on XB1 - the crashing issue is a known one the team are working on, it usually occurs at about the 1 hour mark, but depending on the age and how much has been modified in the world it could be sooner. Most players say that hard resetting the console or clearing the cache (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins) and rebooting the game helps avoid crashes. If you experience a crash there is also a player-found workaround to avoiding an MD5 error - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

If you are on PS4 - the most common cause of crashing is overloading an area. Large amounts of lights, torches, woodframe windows, tree farms. I wouldn't put more than 10 lights in an area. To avoid MD5s on PS4, backing up to the cloud (which doesn't update as quick as the XB1 one) or to a USB regularly is the best bet.

I understand how frustrating this is, the MD5 error is a top priority for the team. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Clare

Archived