[XB1][Multiplayer] Friends Freezing in place

JAMisMe

I created a world specifically to play with a friend. He and I have both been on it a lot. After a while he was suddenly unable to rejoin that world. Every time he joined it, within a few minutes we would encounter a strange issue. I, the host, saw his character freeze in place (If he was running at the time his character would run in place). He was able to move around and continue playing the game as normal, and even saw my character moving as normal. His game would then not load new areas of the map when he would travel, making him unable to move very far, and whenever he would disconnect and reconnect to the world, he would be sent back to where he was before the issue occurred. Anything he picked up during that time would be lost and he would be in the game for less than five minutes before it happened again. I have had 2 people other than this person join on this world, and one of them had the same issue, while the other didn't have any problems at all.

Hi JAMisMe,

The freezing in place issue can occur when the client starts to desync from the host. When you see him freeze in place, that is the status of his character, any movement, alterations to the world etc would not be saved and he would likely not be able to open containers etc. Because he has desynced from the game, he stops receiving new information so new areas of the world do not load in.

Would it be possible to get the connection details of yourself as the host, and your friend using the list below?

Host or Client:

Upload Speeds (while playing the game):

Download Speeds (While playing the game):

NAT type:

Wired or Wireless connection:

Internet Service Provider (ISP):

Router connected to console:

How many console connected to same router:

Do you normally play as 2 player or 4 player (with the 2 others you mentioned)?

Thank you,

Clare

• 3 weeks later...
Hi JAMisMe,

The freezing in place issue can occur when the client starts to desync from the host. When you see him freeze in place, that is the status of his character, any movement, alterations to the world etc would not be saved and he would likely not be able to open containers etc. Because he has desynced from the game, he stops receiving new information so new areas of the world do not load in.

Would it be possible to get the connection details of yourself as the host, and your friend using the list below?

Host or Client:

Upload Speeds (while playing the game):

Download Speeds (While playing the game):

NAT type:

Wired or Wireless connection:

Internet Service Provider (ISP):

Router connected to console:

How many console connected to same router:

Do you normally play as 2 player or 4 player (with the 2 others you mentioned)?

Thank you,

Clare

Hey clare having the same issue,

Host: 108 mbps down 5.8 mbps up

DMZed outside of security

Wireless connection via spectrum/charter

Only 1 console on the network but a few smart tvs and other devices.

Client: 6.5 mbps down 0.5 mbps up

Unknown nat

Wireless via centrylink

Only connected device

Also had the same issue with both consoles connected to the host's internet

Hi Roxorz,

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue. For the client, the Nat doesn't have as much of an effect, so long as they're not super strict to connecting to the host should be fine.

The ups and downs for host and client are also within the recommended levels the team have given me.

I know in some cases players have said that XB1s don't like sharing connections with multiple consoles. Is it possible to try both wired on separate connections?

Has this always been the case or is it something new? If new, has anything changed in your connect setups since this started occurring? Is the host able to have other players connect and maintain connection without issue? Same question but for the client connecting to other hosts?

Thank you,

Clare

Archived