Can join me but i cant join anyone else

snoogins757

I have the game for the xbox one i can play on my own fine and people can join my games however after a certain amount of time a friend that i regularly play xbox with on a variety of games will get kicked. I however cannot join his game or anybody else for that matter. If i select join game it will load and say waiting for server and the back to the menu with error you have been disconnected from the server please try again later. I have reset xbox my nat settings are open and have no problems with any other game can someone please help i would really like to play what i purchased which was a multiplayer experience i cannot understand why this is not working.

Hi Snoogins757,

I am sorry you are having issue with connecting in the game. There is an issue with some players connections on XB1 that the team is looking into, but I will do my best to help you troubleshoot as there maybe something we can do to get you playing multiplayer.

While I understand you play other games without issue, each game runs their multiplayer connections differently. Can you tell me roughly how long your friend can play for before being kicked from the game? Before they are kicked, do they have issues opening boxes or claim to be running around but you see them standing still?

Please give me as much information as possible about your internet settings using the following list:

Are you Host or Client:

Upload Speeds (while playing the game):

Download Speeds (While playing the game):

NAT type: Open (Can you confirm if Type 1 or Type 2?)

Wired or Wireless connection:

Internet Service Provider (ISP):

Router connected to console:

How many console connected to same router:

Please also let me know if you have tired any workarounds other than changing your NAT settings in order to connect. When you mention other games, do you mean other players you know or random games?

Is your friend able to connect to other players and host other players without issue? If they have trouble too, please let me know their internet settings also.

Thank you,

Clare

Hi Claire

Thankyou for the response ill answer your questions as best i can.

Firstly if my friend enters my game id say within around 20 minutes he will be kicked this can vary but i think 20 minutes is the longest we have managed with numerous attemps over numerous days. It will start off fine then as you stated he cant open boxes or will not be able to move out of a certain zone and then will be kicked i have not experienced him standing still from my perspective but moving from his.

I have been both host and client as host he can enter my game as client i cannot enter any games i have had others also enter my games although these are people i havent spoken to.

My isp is BT i am based in the Uk

My Nat is open

Connection is wired and the router is connected to console have also tried wireless but no difference was made.

one console is connected

i have tried removing everything else that ive had connected to router ie laptop phone etc

regarding other games i play with both a variety of people i know and randoms through matchmaking etc and never have problems getting into games

My friend has no issues with getting into other peoples games or them joining his.

I hope this helps to rectify the problem as i really like the game but im desperate to play online as i really think this will make the game more so enjoyable. If there is any other information you need please let me know and i will attempt to get what is required i wasnt sure how to check the speed whilst game is running etc. The only other work around attempted was to try connect my xbox to a wireless hotspot using bt fon but it didnt seem to work.

Thanks Snoogins757

Hi Claire

Thankyou for the response ill answer your questions as best i can.

Firstly if my friend enters my game id say within around 20 minutes he will be kicked this can vary but i think 20 minutes is the longest we have managed with numerous attemps over numerous days. It will start off fine then as you stated he cant open boxes or will not be able to move out of a certain zone and then will be kicked i have not experienced him standing still from my perspective but moving from his.

I have been both host and client as host he can enter my game as client i cannot enter any games i have had others also enter my games although these are people i havent spoken to.

My isp is BT i am based in the Uk

My Nat is open

Connection is wired and the router is connected to console have also tried wireless but no difference was made.

one console is connected

i have tried removing everything else that ive had connected to router ie laptop phone etc

regarding other games i play with both a variety of people i know and randoms through matchmaking etc and never have problems getting into games

My friend has no issues with getting into other peoples games or them joining his.

I hope this helps to rectify the problem as i really like the game but im desperate to play online as i really think this will make the game more so enjoyable. If there is any other information you need please let me know and i will attempt to get what is required i wasnt sure how to check the speed whilst game is running etc. The only other work around attempted was to try connect my xbox to a wireless hotspot using bt fon but it didnt seem to work. Also not sure if this is related in anyway but i cannot get a large bone from a gore block where as my friend gets one every time.

Thanks Snoogins757

Hi Snoggins757,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you, there was a public holiday in my country and I was not in the office.

Thank you for providing your details. Is your friend also using BT? and would either of your happen to be using the Home Hub 5 when connecting?

In the past when investigating this issue for the team, the HH5 with BT was a common factor for players from the Uk who were having trouble connecting - this is why I ask.

The easiest way to check the your internet speeds is to use speedtest.net. Even without the game running it should be able to give me a ball park connection information.

Unable to get a bone form the gore block is likely an unrelated issue. How many gore blocks have you destroyed, and are you using the same tools as your friend?

Clare

Hi Snoggins757,

The issue that effects the multiplayer connection that still occurs in the game appears to be tied to factors like routers or something between the router and the game that the game is hitting against which is causing connection difficulty or to be blocked altogether (I unfortunately don't have access to the dev notes on the issue but from what I've learned that appears to be the case). I do remember players with the HH5 having success when they tested swapping out their router for another one or connecting another router between the HH5 and the console.

An additional router between the two would be similar to broadcasting through a laptop or phone so that may not work. Obviously we don't expect players to need to change their setup to play the game which is one of the reasons the team are still working on this issue. But if you have an old HH4 or can borrow a router from someone to test it, it might help you narrow down if the HH5 is what's causing the issue for you. I've heard in the past the HH5 caused issues for another shooter on console, a player mentioning that is what prompted me to check if players were using the HH5 and having issues with 7DTD. I think the HH6 might also work ok as I also remember one player changing to that.

But as I'm not based in the UK and don't know these routers first hand I can only tell you what I've heard from players. I think if you can test first either with another router or by bringing your console to a friends house, that should help narrow it down for you.

Clare

Hi Snoogins757,

I am hoping this will help you. Please do keep me updated, any information you can provide both positivie (which I'm hoping it'll be) or negative is valuable for the team when it comes to this issue.

Clare

Archived