[XBOX][CRASH] MD5 crash

Lockspur

Game Type: Local Game

Map Type: Random Gen

Seed/Save Name: Moet Chandon

Disk or Digital: Digital

DLC: the action pack and the other download (forget the name)

Character: Aiden

Difficulty: scavenger

Run: never

Aggression: normal

Day length: 18

Drop On Death: backpack

Enemy memory: 60

Enemy Spawning: very low

Block durability: 100

Loot respawn time: 30

Loot abundance: 100

Airdrops: 24

24 hour cycle: 120

In-game Day: 9. 22:00ish

Was in a prefab, didn't alter it too bad. I was in the process of working on upgrading multiple gun parts in the workbench and was running down the stairs when the screen froze and a mid-pitched birrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I force quit the game, and sadly, didn't know to clear my local data. I have had crashes before, but usually after playing for 2 hours or so. Never had an issue reloading. Also, I had been playing pretty much all weekend. Would quit/save periodically (2ish hours) just in case.

Went back in and only some of the house reverted to pre-me. I had upgraded all of the wood around the house, and came back to half of it put back the way it was. Very odd. Lost the workbench and one crate that was holding 5 guns. Everything else is ok/still standing. Minor annoyance. Still having a ton of fun playing. Next time I crash, I will try deleting local saves and see what happens.

Let me know if I missed any info that would help.

Oh, and FWIW, this seed is a great map. Green forest, desert with pinches of snow and burnt forest. No wasteland encountered yet. Also has 4 towns, and the hub is HUGE. Very pleased with this map.

Hi Lockspur,

Thank you for taking the time to give me the details of your reset. Just to confirm, the workbench was the only crafting station that vanished, no campfires etc?

Thank you again for the details.

Clare

Correct, the only crafting device removed was the workbench...which was replaced by the original bookshelf. And the crate with my guns was where some cabinets existed.

My forge and all it's contents are fine, as were all of my storage crates (located on other side of room from guns). My mine that I dug under the house was reset as well, but the ladders and torches that I placed were still there, so access is the same. THAT part didn't bother me at all since it's a house-sized vein of iron.

Clare, had it happen again last night. Day 15 at 2:55am...middle of a killing spree, when the UI started to go wonky in the menus (was crafting and scrapping during waves). Then the screen froze with the BRRRRRRRRRRRRT noise...just like before. I force quit the game, deleted local saves and relaunched. Put me back where I was, with tangos coming from the opposite direction. But I didn't appear to lose anything. So looks like the workaround does indeed work.

Game Type: Local Game

Map Type: Random Gen

Seed/Save Name: Moet Chandon

Disk or Digital: Digital

DLC: the action pack and the other download (forget the name)

Character: Aiden

Difficulty: scavenger

Run: never

Aggression: normal

Day length: 18

Drop On Death: backpack

Enemy memory: 60

Enemy Spawning: very low

Block durability: 100

Loot respawn time: 30

Loot abundance: 100

Airdrops: 24

24 hour cycle: 120

In-game Day: 9. 22:00ish

Was in a prefab, didn't alter it too bad. I was in the process of working on upgrading multiple gun parts in the workbench and was running down the stairs when the screen froze and a mid-pitched birrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I force quit the game, and sadly, didn't know to clear my local data. I have had crashes before, but usually after playing for 2 hours or so. Never had an issue reloading. Also, I had been playing pretty much all weekend. Would quit/save periodically (2ish hours) just in case.

Went back in and only some of the house reverted to pre-me. I had upgraded all of the wood around the house, and came back to half of it put back the way it was. Very odd. Lost the workbench and one crate that was holding 5 guns. Everything else is ok/still standing. Minor annoyance. Still having a ton of fun playing. Next time I crash, I will try deleting local saves and see what happens.

Let me know if I missed any info that would help.

Oh, and FWIW, this seed is a great map. Green forest, desert with pinches of snow and burnt forest. No wasteland encountered yet. Also has 4 towns, and the hub is HUGE. Very pleased with this map.

Going to try this map pn ps4, hope you do not have too many issues with your game

• 2 weeks later...
Glad to hear it Lockspur, I'm sorry it's not the most ideal workaround, but happy you avoided an MD5 error anyway! Hope you managed to avoid new tango direction tactics!

Clare, something else I noticed...I'm still getting the crashes after playing for more than ~1-2 hours...I can usually tell it's about to happen when either the weather changes drastically (heavy rain with fog in the forest/desert), or by the lack of animal spawns. I covered a kilometer yesterday in search of meat, and no animals anywhere...then crash. Usually the mobs will spawn before the terrain details load...as you can spot them from pretty far away...and there were none. It's become a running theme...no animals, better quit and start again.

Don't know if that helps.

Hi Lockspur,

Thank you for that information, I know sometimes the crash is indicated by the menu flickering, but it's interesting it also effects weather and animal spawns too. This may explain why some players mentioned animal spawns being an issue before but we found it difficult to replication.

Thank you again,

Clare

Hi Lockspur,

Thank you for that information, I know sometimes the crash is indicated by the menu flickering, but it's interesting it also effects weather and animal spawns too. This may explain why some players mentioned animal spawns being an issue before but we found it difficult to replication.

Thank you again,

Clare

I've noticed that sometimes before the UI flickers, the grasses/trees will "shimmer"...like the highlights are flickering. I will try to replicate the animal spawn issue tonight and let you know. Heck, may even try to record it on the xbox (never done it before).

Aaight, my box stopped recording right before it crashed. But here are two vids. First one is pre-crash, second is showing where it put me after I deleted my local save (52MB...took 3 attempts to delete it).

Let me know if I need to expand on anything.

MD5 Error - workaround seems to be working

I play on the xbox one console. I have been playing for over 100 game days now without an MD5(base reset) error. I had had 2 or 3 of these occurrences during the first 70 or so game days. There are 3 things that I have been doing since the last MD5 error, I do not know if one or all of them are making the difference. I have listed them below.

1) I have been playing single player, the base resets that occurred before were all when I was playing two player split screen. I am not playing single player by choice, just have not been able to get a family member to play the game with me for some time now.

2) Every time I get a game crash, I immediately delete my local saved game and restart the game. I have never unplugged the xbox, just deleting the saved game immediately seems to be working well. Game crashes do occur after approximately an hour or two of game play, almost ALWAYS preceded by super foggy conditions with low visibility.

3) I do not keep my bedroll in my base. Instead, I keep it in a nearby, unmodified building.

Again, no MD5 error in well over 100 game days. Just thought I would share this with the community.

Hi Mudskipper,

Thank you for your feedback, it's always good to know that the workaround is working for players. I recently heard about the weather changing before a crash - thank you for corroborating this piece of information.

There do seem to be multiple triggers as Ignoringmywife1 mentioned above, but I am glad to hear you are able to avoid the ones causing your issues.

Clare

Archived