Game constantly kicks me out

Dentures

Hi so since the summer update came in me and my friend have had major issues stay connected. Last night for example I got kicked out of his game at least 6 times. The night before I got kicked 5 times. This has been happening so much that it is getting to the stage where we can’t play. When I get kicked and if I have a box open, my friend can’t open the box. When I get back in game I can’t open any boxes. This means he has to quit the game every single time and reload it which takes about 5 minutes due to the loading screens and then loading the save. Is anyone having this issue? My Nat is always open as I changed the settings on my router to open by using the dmz as my Xbox is address. Can anyone help me?

Client:

Upload Speeds (while playing the game):14.3

Download Speeds (While playing the game):2.88

NAT type: always open

Wired or Wireless connection: wireless

Internet Service Provider (ISP): Sky

Router connected to console: yes

How many console connected to same router:

Hi Dentures,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you for providing this information. Is it only the two of you in game? are their any other players connection and having issues or is it just yourself?

Would it be possible to also get your friends internet setup details as they are the host? Not being able to open boxes sounds like a desync from the host before a full disconnect.

How long do you manage to play for before disconnecting? Do you notice any lag building up at all?

Have there been any changed in either of your internet setups? Did it happen instantly after the summer update? Are you both on 1.0.18.0 now?

While it may not be feasible long term, have you tried a wired connection to see if it makes a difference?

Clare

Hi Dentures,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you for providing this information. Is it only the two of you in game? are their any other players connection and having issues or is it just yourself?

Would it be possible to also get your friends internet setup details as they are the host? Not being able to open boxes sounds like a desync from the host before a full disconnect.

How long do you manage to play for before disconnecting? Do you notice any lag building up at all?

Have there been any changed in either of your internet setups? Did it happen instantly after the summer update? Are you both on 1.0.18.0 now?

While it may not be feasible long term, have you tried a wired connection to see if it makes a difference?

Clare

Hi Clare,

His details are 23.3 upload 1.97 download

Nat open

Wireless

Virgin

Connect to router

One console

The disconnecting has happened before but never as bad as now. The times vary. I can play with him for an hour and then get disconnected 5 times in the next hour. The last time we played two days ago I got disconnected within 20 minutes. It’s only the two of us at the moment, the third person hasn’t played in months. Neither of us can go wired.

We are both on 1.0.18.0. The only changes to internet setups was me changing my Xbox is address to dmz to keep my nat settings always open. But it hasn’t made any difference as I’m still getting kicked.

When I get back in to the game after being kicked that’s when the box issues happen. Some times there is a small build up of lag but not always when I’m about to be kicked

Hi Dentures,

Thanks for this info, it looks like you're both well within recommended range for upload / download. This sporadic behavior of the disconnects is quite unusual. I am going to ask one of the team to see if they can find a reason for the blips in the connection.

Also, just to confirm, when the lag builds up, are you in an area where theres a lot of lights, trees growing, spikes or wood frame windows? They can have an effect on lag if put in a concentrated area.

As your friend doesn't crash out, and it's just you disconnecting, do they notice anything other than being unable to access boxes when you disconnect?

Clare

Hi Dentures,

Thanks for this info, it looks like you're both well within recommended range for upload / download. This sporadic behavior of the disconnects is quite unusual. I am going to ask one of the team to see if they can find a reason for the blips in the connection.

Also, just to confirm, when the lag builds up, are you in an area where theres a lot of lights, trees growing, spikes or wood frame windows? They can have an effect on lag if put in a concentrated area.

As your friend doesn't crash out, and it's just you disconnecting, do they notice anything other than being unable to access boxes when you disconnect?

Clare

Hi Clare,

No it sometimes gets laggy for him when I’m about to disconnect but not always and I’m usually in our base which doesn’t have a lot of any that you mentioned. Outside the base there is a good few spikes

Hi Dentures,

Thank you for confirming that for me. I'm writing up a report for the team that gathers together the disconnect behavior that seems to have increased over the past while and will include your information in that.

In the mean time, things you can try are:

- Regularly clearing the cache of the XB1 out before you join games (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins before rebooting) - If you have not done this in a while, it may help.

- Check to see if you can broadcast your wifi through another device (Phone, Tablet, Laptop, second router) etc, often players who have trouble connecting can connect successfully this way as a workaround. Even if not ideal long term, it can help us narrow down that the game talking to your wifi-router setup is/isn't the issue.

- Check your own hosting abilities - if you host, does your friend disconnect, or do you still disconnect from multiplayer games?

Clare

Archived