Online multiplayer stat reset

Wonderpants

Myself and 3 other friends bought this game 1 month ago and despite numerous attempts are unable to continue an online multiplayer game without losing all our save data except for the host☹. This seems to be an old issue, is there any fixes planned or is there a work around ? We really enjoy the game and would love to progress without stat resets. For now the game is unplayable online. We have all hosted separate games and invited each other and still the stat resets upon rejoining

Thanks for the reply, so when we do rejoin our friends game we won't have level 1 axes and be starting from scrach with no part of map revealed? And all the host has to do is kill everyone and pick up their stuff? Am I missing something here? Is there a fix on the way? Also does this work for non PvP games which is what we play. We're gamers of the older generation having come from blops zombies and helldivers we finally found our game where we can have a few beers and have a lazy game of 7, we reached day 22 and there is no point joining a game that late with feck all. looseing our miners helmets was the last straw and the host doesn't find it much fun constantly building stuff for other players as he's the only one with saved schematics ☹☹🤔☹.

What works for me when I'm the host is to kill my friend, then the host picks the backpack up and gives the contents back to the person who it belongs to (if you want). Worked for me every time. You won't get you stuff or your stats back but the resets on them will stop.

Thanks for reply I will try this. Could you give more details please , do you kill friend and they don't respawn before host closes game, or they do respawn before host closes game?is this for PvP game? Upon rejoin they're build skill won't be reset?

Kill them. Let them respawn. Give stuff back. You won't get the stuff back that the game deleted but the resets of character stats will stop until you start a new world. If you do start a new world it might happen again. This is a known bug that the team says they are working on.

The host has to be the one to do this. Or it won't work.

Hi Wonderpants,

As Ignoringmywife1 mentioned, this is a bug the team are aware of, and a fix was issued but we are aware it didn't fix it for everyone so the team are continuing to work on this issue.

Also thank you Ignoringmywife1 for mentioning your workaround. I shall pass this onto the team to make sure they're aware of this as it may be a clue as to what is causing the issue.

Clare

The first time we tried this it didn't work☹,but luckily it was a fresh game so we didn't loose much. We tried it again but with an older game where we previously lost our stuff and joining around day 26 it seems to have worked so far😊with about 3 to 4 successful log ins through out the week. Although it's still a pain in the arse and starting with 70 health and stamina it seems to be working so far.

This is an insanely glitchy game which regularly crashes but we don't mind too much as long as we don't loose all our stuff

So thanks again ignoring my wife👍, and thanks Claire for the response👍, hopefully the devs can solve this issue permanently and we can start a fair game on level playing field. I'll continue to keep posts on how we progress in case of another game breaking glitch.

☹so started our game last night and 2 other players lost their stats, needless to say it absolutly ruined our game starting at nout on day 49, for some reason I kept my stats 😕and obviously the host. We don't know what went wrong as myself the host and one other player were only playing 2 days previous and everything was fine. Now we feel we have to start again but are disheartened by the fact we can loose all progress at some point essentially breaking the game.🙁 My friend had read that certain avatars/characters have more bugs than others,can anyone confirm this and if so who to avoid, could this be why I've kept my character stats? It might be worth mentioning my daughter started a new game and picked a female avatar(don't know name) when I joined my friends game a day later my avatar had changed to the avatar my daughter picked and seems to have stuck(I normally pick jack).This doesn't bother me I'll play as a 3 legged elephant as long as we can save the game. I know one of my friends played as Clint and he's stats are reset. Help please this game is seriously broke😣

Hi Wonderpants,

In the beginning two characters were bugged but this was fixed in the first patch, character should not have an effect on any player now as it is purely cosmetic. I think a lot of issues reported mention the same character as they are some of the more common choices. That being said the team are told about characters when bugs are reported just in case. I have not heard of this issue being related to character choice from the team. Every time you start a game, the game asks you to pick a skin, this skin is then applied to all saves, you can change this back any time from options in the main menu.

I am sorry this continues to happen for you. Unfortunately before the original fix was issued the team released a comment saying that if it happens once in a save it is likely to happen again. It appears to occur when the save info for a client is not correctly called from a host. A common factor others have mentioned is a gap between playing, the longer the gap, the more likely it'll occur. Have you tried swapping around hosts to a host with a stronger upload speed to see if this helps? while not ideal it may be something that can help while the team works to resolve this issue.

Clare

Thanks Clare, we're starting a fresh game tonight and will further experiment with probable causes,good to know the character selection isn't the problem. Before we start any game we run internet tests to determine the host and have never really had any issues with other games as regards speed but all games differ. We will also continue to use the method suggested above and log in more frequently,fingers crossed😮

Thank you for your understanding Wonderpants, please let me know how you get on. Hopefully these measures will help reduce and maybe even stop the resets for you. I shall also keep my fingers crossed for you!

Should anything happen though, please do let me know as I can pass further info onto the team to help them narrow the issue down.

Clare

• 3 weeks later...

So far so good we log on every 2 days and the host game seems to remember our accounts, obviously its a bit of a bummer as we are more wkend gamers and should anyone miss the 2 day login period all is lost. Surely this issue can be resolved, maybe extending the memory period any host? as for now I will continue to keep posting on our progress when I can.

Hi Wonderpants,

Thank you for your update. I too am sure there is a way to resolve this, I shall pass your extended memory period suggestion onto the team on the off chance they had not considered it themselves.

Thank you again for continuing to update on this.

Clare

• 4 weeks later...

All is lost again, unfortunately we couldn't keep making the 2 day sign in to keep our character stats in the hosts game and so inevitably we lost all ☹, fully aware that if we start a new game we would have to keep signing in every 2 days which is unrealistic no matter how much we like the game so we are going to shelf this game and hope there is another update fixing this problem soon otherwise the game for us and most others I assume is broke.

Hi Wonderpants,

I am sorry your items were lost again, I appreciate you taking the time to update me and confirm the conditions of the loss, I shall pass this info onto the team.

Hopefully a solution is not too far away for the team. I completely understand you taking a break from the game as they work on this. Thank you again for providing all the information you have done so far.

Clare

• 1 month later...

hello,

i am pretty new to the 7 days to die scene on the ps4 and I must say it is super sun. As someone who uses the Unity I am really glad to see what you guys have done. i am super excited about the progress in the game. I too had a question as far as the stats go. I saw in the thread that there is a 2 day period in which to log on. has there been a change to that or would have to wait until my friend goes back into his world to do so? also is there any plan in the future for making dedicated servers in which party members can log in to maps without the host? so we would be able to continue to build and gather resources while the host or other party members are offline. we should get an option when the host leaves the game to continue the current session or go into single or survival mode. this way we can continue to increase our stats and level up in the private game created by our friends/host.

tony

Hi Tonyrcasio,

To confirm, are you asking if the logging in within two days helps prevent player resets? For some players this is the case, but not all.

While TTG are open to all future options for the game, there is currently no plan in place for dedicated servers. Should this change, we will update players via the console news and announcements section of the forums.

Clare

Archived