ERR Wrong entity chunk position!

PurgatoryWolf

What does this mean?

I logged into BattleMetrics today, as I do most everyday to check on the server I admin.

I was greeted with over 5 MILLION lines of error code.

Here is the first error

2018-02-12T08:34:24 30852.037 ERR Wrong entity chunk position! [type=EntityVulture, name=animalZombieVulture, id=752367] x=-170 z=-319/Chunk_0,0

This is the last error

2018-02-12T10:09:57 36584.977 ERR Wrong entity chunk position! FallingBlock_753088 (EntityFallingBlock) x=22 z=140/Chunk_0,0

Thats 5 million errors over a span of an hour and a half.

One player was online when it started, and he logged off 5 seconds after it started. It continued with no change until 9:11 when another player logged in. now it was doing blocks, animals, traders, and zombies. He logged out a 9:24 and the errors continued until stopping for some unknown reason at 10:09am.

However, after they stopped, i know players were unable to join the server until after we rebooted it twice.

Now, I'm not looking to find out WHAT happened, I want to know what exactly that code means. Does it mean an object failed to spawn, or does it mean an object spawned and then fell through the world?

I also thought that when players were not in a chunk, that nothing should spawn there, because the chunks don't render until a player is in them? Especially if no one is on the server at all, shouldn't processes stop?

• 3 weeks later...

Not that i know all that much BUT

What does this mean?

I logged into BattleMetrics today, as I do most everyday to check on the server I admin.

I was greeted with over 5 MILLION lines of error code.

Here is the first error

2018-02-12T08:34:24 30852.037 ERR Wrong entity chunk position! [type=EntityVulture, name=animalZombieVulture, id=752367] x=-170 z=-319/Chunk_0,0

This is the last error

2018-02-12T10:09:57 36584.977 ERR Wrong entity chunk position! FallingBlock_753088 (EntityFallingBlock) x=22 z=140/Chunk_0,0

Thats 5 million errors over a span of an hour and a half.

One player was online when it started, and he logged off 5 seconds after it started. It continued with no change until 9:11 when another player logged in. now it was doing blocks, animals, traders, and zombies. He logged out a 9:24 and the errors continued until stopping for some unknown reason at 10:09am.

However, after they stopped, i know players were unable to join the server until after we rebooted it twice.

Now, I'm not looking to find out WHAT happened, I want to know what exactly that code means. Does it mean an object failed to spawn, or does it mean an object spawned and then fell through the world?

I also thought that when players were not in a chunk, that nothing should spawn there, because the chunks don't render until a player is in them? Especially if no one is on the server at all, shouldn't processes stop?

I had a similar issue on a server i host, was resolved after a reboot. One thing that CAN cause this is minibikes. So one of the rules that i have implimented on my server is you can NOT leave them placed when you log out on top of it minibikes count as entities so having too many out at once is a good way to kill of alot of ram. Simply have them empty out the bikes and pick up the chasis before logging out.

After i implimented that rule i never had the issue again.

Archived