Prefab structures resetting and destroying my custom builds/inventory

jaroy52

Seems like this may be a documented issue already (MD5 issue?), but wanted to add this since there were some differences in the details from the few issues I read. Just recently bought the game, and have gotten used to frequent crashes (crashes every 90-180 minutes). However, the issue I ran into today is very frustrating. I spent hours in a town, tearing down a shack, digging out a pit, and building my own design where the prefab shack was. The game crashes, which is nothing out of the ordinary, so I just start the game back up. When I log back on though. All of my base, pit, inventory, and workbench, etc. are gone and the prefab shack regenerated. Hard to explain how frustrating it is spending hours building a base only to have it randomly reset after what seemed like the run of the mill crash. Here are some details from the game I was running:

Local Splitscreen: My profile was not the host.

Zombies: Disabled

Day length: 18 hours

Air Drops: 3 days

Random Gen Map

At the time of the crash: I was placing flagstone blocks at my base, I had nothing in my crafting queue, and my forge and concrete mixer were both inactive at the time.

If any other details would be helpful just let me know.

Hi Jaroy52,

Thank you for submitting this bug report. This does indeed sound like an MD5 error. I am sorry this error has affected your save. Both myself and the team understand how frustrating and disheartening this error is for players. I appreciate you taking the time to submit your details or your crash, what you were doing, and the save game details you provided.

Can you confirm for me what console you were playing on?

To help avoid future MD5s...

PS4: keeping a back up of the save on an external drive or on the PS4 cloud so you can revert the save in the case of an MD5

XB1: They do not allow external saving like PS4 does, and their cloud saves are synced very quickly. Players found a work around that seems to work for most cases. This is an unofficial workaround and as it involves deleting and re-syncing saves caution is advised - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

Also, if you notice the UI flickering at all, that can be the indicator of a crash. Logging out and clearing the cache of the console (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins before rebooting) can help hold off the crashes for a time.

I know these workarounds are not ideal, but they have been the most effective methods found and used by the community while the team are working on the MD5 issue.

If you have any other questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you again for the details you provided,

Clare

this might help you

At the hospital , decided to Degut the lobby the sofas mainly so I put forge and fire place and work bench....just out everything in crates....suddenly my screen flick and crash and came back and everything I had was either block or half a sofa and everything respawns and lost hours of stuff....so I found out when you crash...dont synchronize just cancel it and it rewind you back 30 s after this happen several times to me with hospital and few times else where so I don't lose anything just a pain when you make several stuff in 30 seconds and re do it.i hope this helps.

Archived