Charachter reset is still happening on V.1.0.18.0 for Xbox One

therockking111

My friend and I quit playing 7dtd awhile back because of charachter reset. A year later it says that this bug is fixed on the newest updates. Well My friend and I played until about the 10th day when again, my character completely reset to level one. My friend who is the host didn't lose his level, but this makes it really difficult to play this game cooperatively as we would like to. Its aggravating because it seems like such a great game if only it could make it past this major issue. Please let me know what to do, or ways to avoid it. Tried everything.

Hi therockking111,

The team are aware that this issue is still occurring, after the latest patch it was reported by a member of the community. The reports of the issue have lessened, so while the fix seems to have helped some people, or remove one cause of the issue, the team are still working to fix the issue for those that still experience it.

This issue appears to occur when there is a bad data transfer between host and client when the client is joining, meaning the incorrect info for the client is pulled from the hosts save file. This will likely only ever occur for clients rather than hosts.

I understand the frustration this issue can cause for players. Ways to avoid which I've heard from players have helped them is: wired connections,

and joining sessions one at a time in multiplayer. Another factor, which the team mentioned before is if it occurred once in a save, it is likely to occur again, so if your save is not a new one, starting a new one may help - potentially alternating hosts too.

Clare

Character reset

My friend is experiencing the same problem. We have both noticed that when I (Host) play for an extended time (few game days) with out him, his character resets to lvl. 1. As long as we play regularly, he's fine. He is also having problems with his tool belt disappearing shortly after he dies.

Hi Nosspddmn,

Thank you for sharing that info, I have noticed a couple of players mentioning the time between games appears to be an issue for them. The team are aware of this, but I will add your account to the report as well.

Clare

Archived