(Xbox1) :dispirited: 44 Days And...

Skarfayce

So I know I'm not the only one this has happened to and I've read that it happens, but losing my underground base (that I dug out with a pick ax), all my food, guns raw materials etc. is disheartening. LET ME STATE THAT I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!

I just want to know what do you guys do when this happens?

I know I'll be taking a little break but Ill get back to it. I Just don't know if I should start a whole new game or try to go from where I am. I still have the items that were in my backpack and on my belt, but all else is lost. I saw that my minibike was where I left it but I didn't try to ride it, too heartbroken when I realized everything was gone.

I saw that there was an announcement regarding MD5 and patches (I have no idea what MD5 is, but it sounded like what just happened to me), are they downloaded automatically or do I have to actively do it? If I do, would someone be so kind as to give me a quick guide?

I was aware before I bought the game that this could happen, but every time the game crashed I just came back where I was at the time. But even with this I still think this is the best game I've ever played ainec. Anyway tell me your sorrow stories and what you do when this happens to you. Share if you have any fixes, please. This will not stop me from surviving!

Although it may get me over to PC (with my Xbox one controller obv! :friendly_wink:)

Ugh, that absolutely sucks dude.

I have nothing but admiration for those of you on Xbox who continuously put up with these MD5 errors, even after losing all of your progress. If I was on Xbox myself, and that happened to me, I'd give up.

I can't help you with any questions you have regarding this issue, sorry. Perhaps Clare will give us a status update on these MD5 errors soon. If you can get this game on PC though, then definitely do that because it would be for the best, especially if you no desire to get a PlayStation 4.

Hey man.....I am with you.

Play with a timer and you can mostly avoid that ever happening again.

We are on day 496 and lost all our stuff 5 times.

We now play with timers:

1-2 ppl - The host restarts every 60 mins

3 ppl - The host restarts every 45 mins

4 ppl - The host restarts every 30 mins

*** If players split up to the point where they are in disconnected chunks, we subtract 15 mins.

Ugh, that absolutely sucks dude.

I have nothing but admiration for those of you on Xbox who continuously put up with these MD5 errors, even after losing all of your progress. If I was on Xbox myself, and that happened to me, I'd give up.

I can't help you with any questions you have regarding this issue, sorry. Perhaps Clare will give us a status update on these MD5 errors soon. If you can get this game on PC though, then definitely do that because it would be for the best, especially if you no desire to get a PlayStation 4.

Is it that much more stable for PS4? I've never played a game on PC tbh, but if I can use my console controller I think I may go this route. Thanks for the reply!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man.....I am with you.

Play with a timer and you can mostly avoid that ever happening again.

We are on day 496 and lost all our stuff 5 times.

We now play with timers:

1-2 ppl - The host restarts every 60 mins

3 ppl - The host restarts every 45 mins

4 ppl - The host restarts every 30 mins

*** If players split up to the point where they are in disconnected chunks, we subtract 15 mins.

So you play for an hour or so then quit and reload? And does this work on single player? Thanks for the reply!

Is it that much more stable for PS4? I've never played a game on PC tbh, but if I can use my console controller I think I may go this route. Thanks for the reply!

It is much more stable on PS4, yes.

All the reports for MD5 errors in the bug section seem to be from Xbox users only at this point. I myself, have only ever experienced an MD5 error once on PS4, but that was back when the game first launched on consoles in June 2016 and I haven't had any issues like that since.

Also, on PS4, you can backup your saved data on to a USB stick as well. So in the unlikely event that you do get a MD5 error you'll still be able to retrieve most of your progress and continue playing.

However, If getting a PS4 or PC isn't something you'd like to do, then I'd say maybe try kopacko's suggestion and see if that works. There are a few Xbox gamers on here who are past day 100 on their games! :)

Been playing this game from about the 2 week after launch point.... With a pretty long break due to the MD5 error, and then buying a house and moving....

Things I noticed so far.

It seems to be more of an issue the more you collect and modify the world. Like when you finially get to the point that you have a huge stash, and the base is coming along nicely.

It can be almost completely avoided by hard console resets every hour. (With 2 people).

It is almost exclusive to your main living/storage areas where most of your items are stored, and also where your character was on the map when the crash happened. For us, usually after coming back from a scavenging/hunting expedition, while sorting our loot.

Our issue always seemed to be we get lulled into a false sense of security. At the beginning of a new play through, you can play for hours on end. You start forgetting the time, and poof. Dashboard to main screen. Log back on, and suddenly your above ground and all your hard work is gone.

To minimize the effects, we now don't build in a column. Spread things out, as the chunks reset in 16/16 sections. (Or something close to that.).

Once you have a solid collection of food/weapons, creat a cash somewhere near your base, but not too close. Keep enough food and weapons/ammo to hold you over if it does happen again.

Hard resets every hour. Don't forget!

If it does crash, hard reset prior to opening your game again...

So far, it has helped immensely. Until I forget to follow one of my own rules. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the replies!

@IBKillingfools thansk for the suggestions. I'll try to keep these in mind. I haven't played since it happened, but I hope it's the 16x16 section that was reset. I think I noticed my tower was still up before I quit after noticinig some storage crates I had disappeared. If this is so, then there is a possibility that my underground bunker is still there. I truely hope it is because I don't hae to tell you guys how long it takes to dig those things out.

I had a prefab to start at the Pass-n-gas just out side of diersville with a couple of crates on the roof and a farm on there too. If I recall correctly the dirt was still there too. I'll edit this if anything I "recall" is wrong. Thansk again!

I have been using this (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ts-on-Xbox-One) method for a while now after having several MD5s and I have not had any issues. My girlfriend who plays with me vowed to never pick up the game again after we lost our base and supplies after a 230 day game, and have just recently convinced her to start playing again because of this workaround.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my second MD5 bug other day. It was day 240. Second time on same server I got MD5 bug. First MD5 bug was around day 15 or so. I am getting burned out with the game though. Not much left to do. I dug miles of tunnels all over the place. I got a bunch of outposts and bases. I got like 10 bikes. Probably best to take a break and hope for some kinda update to have new zombies added like the biker zombie or army zombie or zombie with radiation suit on or the bloated lady or the vulture or wolves. Heck give us a few fan blade traps or automated weapons systems.

I play offline solo on xbox one and I haven't gotten an MD5 error for a long time. even when the game crashes everything is still there. last online world I made had no problems even when it crashed and spit me out to my xbox home screen and I had a few random people join and play for awhile. my most recent game however the trader broke (closed 24/7) and had to start a new world.

Archived