Half of base vanished

Ugly Boi Dam

Xb1 solo nave, day 65 ,120 min day; 24hr air drop; default zombie run on adventurer. Simply took the mini bike to fill water jars, collect some stone and went into a house by the water to take the fridge apart and the game studder crashed to dashboard. Load back in and return to base which is not far at all to find most of my made from scratch concrete and steel base missing with terrain looking like it did before I built on that side. Lost every storage box except food and a box of random clothing gear that is worthless.. So much work lost for no reason whatsoever. Need a rewind save option cause I love the game but am furious with this hot garbage here...

Hi Ugly Boi Dam,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I have moved your post to it's own thread so I can respond directly.

Thank you for reporting your issue, the error you experienced is called the MD5 error. This error causes part of the map to revert to it's Day 1 state and currently the most common cause appears to be the game crashing (there have been multiple triggers for this error). Sometimes the in game menus flickering or becoming distorted is a sign that the game is going to crash and may give you enough warning to reset the console and clear the cache (shutting down and unplugging the console for 5 mins) to avoid the crash.

There is a player found XB1 workaround players have said helps them avoid MD5 errors. Details can be found here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets) - As this is a player found workaround, it is an unofficial workaround and caution is advised as it involves deleting and re-downloading save files.

I understand the frustration that comes from being hit by the MD5 error and I am sorry that this error has effected your save. I also appreciate you taking the time to let me know the details of your experience as all information can help the team.

Clare

Archived