Mini Bike Fell into Earth

jackleroy

I'm on version 1.18 on PS4. I left my mini bike on grass the other day with a full basket and ran into my base to shut down. I just turned the game back on and my mini bike is gone. I can still see the icon and when I walk over where it was, my character kind of jumps like he's walking over a rock or something. I can't interact with the area and when I stand close to it, I can hear a banging off in the distance that I've never heard before.

After some digging, I found it. It was two blocks down, literally embedded in the untouched clay and dirt. This is an area where I never dug or cut down trees. I may have cut the grass at some point, but certainly not recently. I'm on day 69 and if I did, it was day 1-10.

Hi Jackleroy,

Bikes can slip into the ground - this is an issue that is still effecting the PC version too as far as I am aware. Falling through the ground is part of the reason there is now an icon so you can find your bike again. If your bike were to fall past bedrock (as some players have bikes in tunnels), it'll be respawned in the nearest open area above where it vanished (often the surface, but if there's a building in the way it'll be the roof). So while this is a known issue we'd likely need a fix ported over from PC for, the team put in these measures to prevent bikes from being lost completely.

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue to us anyway - we really appreciate all bug reports and the information submitted whether the issues are known or not.

Clare

Hi Jackleroy,

Bikes can slip into the ground - this is an issue that is still effecting the PC version too as far as I am aware. Falling through the ground is part of the reason there is now an icon so you can find your bike again. If your bike were to fall past bedrock (as some players have bikes in tunnels), it'll be respawned in the nearest open area above where it vanished (often the surface, but if there's a building in the way it'll be the roof). So while this is a known issue we'd likely need a fix ported over from PC for, the team put in these measures to prevent bikes from being lost completely.

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue to us anyway - we really appreciate all bug reports and the information submitted whether the issues are known or not.

Clare

Thanks for the response, Clare. Since the issue was easily solved, I only posted it because I thought it had already been remedied and I wanted to help :) We all appreciate how much work you and the other mods put into this forum and I'm really looking forward to the February building challenge!

Thanks for the response, Clare. Since the issue was easily solved, I only posted it because I thought it had already been remedied and I wanted to help :) We all appreciate how much work you and the other mods put into this forum and I'm really looking forward to the February building challenge!

No problemo! Thanks again for posting it anyway and your kind words ^_^

Archived