Co-Op Player Freezes

Richster

My Friend and I Just started playing 7 Days to Die on the Xbox One.

We have been looking forward to playing it for ages.

He can't connect to any game I create but I can connect to his.

The first time we loaded a private game with him being the host, we could play for about 20 minutes. Then all of a sudden I cant interact with anything other than punching things. On his screen I am frozen in place, he can hit me and it does affect my health, on mine I can still run around. I never get forcefully disconnected but when I leave and come back in, I can only stay for about a couple minutes before the same thing happens.

We are both on Fiber internet, have opened the right ports, open nat type and followed several bug fixes but still nothing.

Does anyone know anything else which we can try?

Hi Richster,

Sorry for the delay in getting to your post. There is a known issue with connectivity on XB1 that the team have an ongoing investigation in. Unfortunately due to the many factors involved (connect type, ISP, connection strength, hardware, location, etc) it is difficult to pin down what can cause this issue, although there has been a link with certain hardware, the BT HH5 in the UK for example, is a common thread in player issues like this.

All the information gathered on various fixes that have worked for players can be found here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48737-Known-Issue-Multiplayer-Disconnection - however as you mentioned having tried some fixes, you may have already read that post.

As the common factor in these issues can be the hardware, a number have players have said that broadcasting the wifi so the XB1 does not need to connect to the router has helped immensely. Using a device such as a laptop, tablet or phone to broadcast a signal is the best way to do this. So the flow of the signal is as follows...

Router > wifi/cable connection > Laptop/Tablet/Phone > wifi

... if doing this you would need to ensure no mobile network was being used by mistake as this could cause large billing issues depending on your provider.

I know this is not ideal and I agree this should not be a thing but the team have not given up on trying to find a fix for this connection issue. The original connection issue fix fixed the issue for about 50% of players, but afterwards revealed there was a second cause that was hidden before. This second cause is what we're still working on.

Any extra details provided by players is greatly appreciated as I continue to gather info for the team and players that could help them.

Again, I am sorry for the delay in getting to your post.

Clare

Hi Richster,

Sorry for the delay in getting to your post. There is a known issue with connectivity on XB1 that the team have an ongoing investigation in. Unfortunately due to the many factors involved (connect type, ISP, connection strength, hardware, location, etc) it is difficult to pin down what can cause this issue, although there has been a link with certain hardware, the BT HH5 in the UK for example, is a common thread in player issues like this.

All the information gathered on various fixes that have worked for players can be found here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48737-Known-Issue-Multiplayer-Disconnection - however as you mentioned having tried some fixes, you may have already read that post.

As the common factor in these issues can be the hardware, a number have players have said that broadcasting the wifi so the XB1 does not need to connect to the router has helped immensely. Using a device such as a laptop, tablet or phone to broadcast a signal is the best way to do this. So the flow of the signal is as follows...

Router > wifi/cable connection > Laptop/Tablet/Phone > wifi

... if doing this you would need to ensure no mobile network was being used by mistake as this could cause large billing issues depending on your provider.

I know this is not ideal and I agree this should not be a thing but the team have not given up on trying to find a fix for this connection issue. The original connection issue fix fixed the issue for about 50% of players, but afterwards revealed there was a second cause that was hidden before. This second cause is what we're still working on.

Any extra details provided by players is greatly appreciated as I continue to gather info for the team and players that could help them.

Again, I am sorry for the delay in getting to your post.

Clare

Tried that over the weekend and it still didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi Richster,

I know it can be a hassle to set that up, thank you for trying it, can you confirm you tried it for both yourself and your friend?

Are either of your able to connect to random online multiplayer and maintain a connection at all? (That might help narrow down which side we should be focusing on, you or your friend)

Sorry if this is an obvious question but have you tried a cabled connection on both ends?

While I know you said you both have Fiber, would it be possible to get the following information from you:

Upload Speeds (while playing the game):

Download Speeds (While playing the game):

NAT type: OPEN (both open?)

Wired or Wireless connection:

Internet Service Provider (ISP):

Router connected to console:

How many console connected to same router:

Thank you,

Clare

Archived