Pc crash and now my save is ruined?

Zeymer

Me and my friend was playing 7dtd and i was hosting the server, i get a blue screen of death and my pc restarts. Now when i open up the game it takes atleast 2 minutes where it says "Initializing Map" And i spawn in the middle of nowhere and its day 1 (before the pc crash it was day 73) What's weird is i still have my levels and items and the base is still there. Now no matter where i save the world or log out i spawn in the same desert all the time. I was wondering if there is a fix for this, i'm pretty sure my save file is totally ruined. Also on the save i have massive lags when i'm in the base. Ty for reading this! :smile-new:

Specs:

GTX 1060 4GB

i5-7500

8GB ram

Look into why you BSOD'ed and get that fixed.

Yes if the game is not exited properly, it will corrupt the saved data. This is true since PC games were invented.

You may be able to track down the corruption and fix it, but it's easier to just start a new game.

Is there a way i can keep my base and items and fix the problem?

If it's not the map that's corrupted, sure. Just copy the region files over. You can try copying the player files over as well so you have your level and other gear.

Omg it worked thank you so much dude, you're a real saviour!

Archived