Lost loot from stacking zombie corpses doesn't produce a backpack

Gravoc

I have noticed in a lot of youtube videos that whenever a corpse breaks, due to stacking on another corpse that a backpack will fall containing the loot of that zombie. Youtubers will just destroy massive amounts of zombies all crammed in one place, and then go and collect all the backpacks.

In my game, the corpses just break when they stack on another corpse and don't leave behind any backpack. What gives?

I'm missing very large portions of loot, as the zombie pathing will always funnel zombies into one spot, meaning there is always zombie overlap when attacking your base. My current choice is to accept the lost loot, or re-design my already insanely built base to accommodate this annoyance.

I believe that only happens on the PC. We console gamers are just lucky they are letting us loot the gore blocks finially. When the game first came out, we could only loot fresh corpses.

Didn't think the game developers would have imagined a time when the players would say, "well, back in MY day..." heh.

Archived