Add Survival Difficulty option

Peter34

Right now all the game setup config options (not that there [I]are[/I] many) deal with zombie difficulty in some way or another. But there's another aspect to the game too: Survival. Getting around in the enviroment and keeping yourself fed and hydrated. Possibly later versions of the game will also include very hot or very cold enviroments, or very sunlight-rich enviroment (sunburn, or snow glare). Enviroment Difficulty 1 is the easiest, 5 is the hardest: 1. The threshold for minor fall damage is increased by 1 voxel, the threshold for major fall damage is increased by two voxels. E.g. if the default is that you must fall 5 voxels to Sprain a leg or 10 voxels to Fracture it, then those values are now 6 and 12. Food and water requirements are reduced by 50%, running and swimming and so forth costs 25% less Stamina, and the slowdown effect of moving in sand is halved (e.g. if the sand slowdown effect is -30% speed, it becomes -15% speed. Natural Health/HP recovery 25% faster, natural Stamina regen 50% faster (up to Hydration level, as per normal). 2. The threshold for major fall damage is increased by 1 voxel, e.g. so that if the default is that you must fall 10 voxels to Fracture a leg, it's now 11 voxels. Food/water requirements reduced by 25%, running/swimming/andsoforth costs 10% less Stamina. Natural Stamina regen 25% faster (up to Hydration, as per normal). 3. As the game is now. 4. The threshold for major fall damage is decreased by 1 voxel, food/water requirements increased by 10%, running/swimming/andosoforth costs 5% more Stamina. Jump height reduced from 2 to 1 voxels unless you High Jump by holding the Jump key down for more than a fraction of a second, which costs Stamina. 5. The threshold for minor fall damage reduced by 1 voxel, major fall damage by 2, food/water requirements increased by 20%, run/swim/andsoforth costs 10% more Stamina. Jump Height reduced from 2 to 1 voxels, with no possibility of High Jump.

I don't agree with changing the food/water requirements, since they're already RIDICULOUS. I don't know about you guys, but in real life, I don't need to eat 10x a day. And it seems like I'm having to eat bacon and eggs with water/venison stew at least that many times per game day.

[QUOTE=Steve78;138538]I don't agree with changing the food/water requirements, since they're already RIDICULOUS. I don't know about you guys, but in real life, I don't need to eat 10x a day. And it seems like I'm having to eat bacon and eggs with water/venison stew at least that many times per game day.[/QUOTE] I'm not suggesting to "change the requirements". I'm suggesting to allow the person setting up the game (singlepayer or multiplayer) to toggle the requirements up or down. You think the current requirements are ridiculous, which is why this feature would suit you, as you'd then be able to toggle food/water requirements own 1 step, or even 2 steps to the minimum level.

Archived