The Funeral Director

GRAW2ROBZ

I noticed after I got that achievement on XBOX1 a couple days ago. Man oh man. The screamers are piling up around my place. Like two at a time. Wave after wave of hordes. Every day for me is like a blood moon day 7 day. Barely got time to chop rocks for coal and nitrate. I even resorted to crafting them big logs. Lining them up like walls miles out down each side of the roads to slow them down. I might have to build a wall on other of the river as a wall as well. Also had like 6 ferals that one blood moon.

Might have to resort back to digging tunnels so the zombies forget where I am for a while. hahah I did up the scavenger scrounge perk though. One zombie and two pistols and bullets which was nice. But still get tons of zombies with nothing on them as well. Not even pocket lint. I called that zombie "two gun Ike". Might have to get the blunderbuss out of the box and use that again. Last horde blood moon I broke two sniper rifles. That's how much killing I'm doing as a one man army. Also before I signed off yesterday had another zombie bear roam through.

Might have to start making land mines again. But barely got time to gather materials to make gun powder. Barely got time to leave my place. Might have to use more points on blunt weapons and become Babe Ruth. Also tons of spider zombies scaling my tall tool store building. The ladder up leads to roof that enters into a jail cell. But them Spider things crawl up the sides. I also have rows of cement pillars on the sides of the building to slow them down.

I got about 60 barb wire fences in a box. Might have to use them on the lip of the roof top. But then wont have a nice angle to shoot down. Thought about making edge corner pieces to stop spiders. Maybe craft some of them rusty bars and aim them outward like a platform. But barely got time for up keep around the place.

Really? Ah, man... it sounds like paradise over there. In a very cool, hellish, and nail-biting kind of way! ;)

I've never experienced anything like this myself, yet. But, then again, I normally quit my game and start a new one when I'm around day 45-50 because the game just becomes extremely trivial by that point. Maybe I'll try and slog through the easy peasyness this time, but I wished it'd kick into full gear a little earlier than 2500 zombie kills. Just my opinion.

I don't even know what day it is any more. hahahhaa I did add the rusty bars on the edges of the tool building roof for a over hang. So no more spiders can climb up. If any of the zombies get over the cement pillars and up the ladder in the back of building. It leads to a jail cell and I'm the firing squad. I started looting the hospital yesterday. Melted down a bunch of picture frames to make glass jars with. Need that murky water! Made like 4,000 gas yesterday. Had tons of zombie fat to burn. Made more blunderbuss ammo. Chopped plenty of rocks for nitrate and coal.

Even mowed the lawn a little bit. Debating to make spikes. They get messy. Also I tend to get scratched from them as well. Did make some barb wire yesterday. Debating to attach that to the big logs down the edge of the roads or not. Still got like 60 barb fences as well. Not sure where to place them. Maybe other side of the river? So my side of the river easy kinda safe for murky water grabs. Or could use the big wood logs on other side of river. Undecided yet. Also seen two bee's yesterday. I got to kill one for a jar of honey.

I'm on day 24 now with over 800 zombie kills and zero deaths. I have a fully built base which is half concrete and half wood, a minibike, a hunting rifle with 400 or so bullets, and a little garden where I'm growing mushrooms, corn, coffee, and hops. - The game doesn't seem to be getting any harder for me, and in fact it seems to be just getting easier and easier.

There are barely any zombies anywhere despite having the spawning on very high, and the wandering hordes have also stopped coming just like I knew they would. I can bring screamers in using campfires but sitting around and waiting for them to arrive tends to annoy me more than anything else. Why do the screamers take so damn long to spawn now, anyways? In previous versions you were able to spawn them in a lot quicker with wandering hordes. It just seems like it's been dumbed down so much now! It truly does.

@GRAW2ROBZ

What setting are you playing this game on? And are you playing alone or with others?

Game Difficulty: Scavenger

Zombies Run: Default

Enemy Aggression: Normal

Daylight length: 16 Hours

First 10 days I had 4 of us total. I been lone wolf last few months or so playing.

2,353 kills 11 deaths day 164. Next major update if we get anything new i'll probably start a new server with zombies at highest difficulty and always running and less daylight. The update has to be sexy like a bicycle or a car or boat added. But doubt that happens on consoles. Ya start getting multiple screamers and bears and ferals like crazy after 2,000 kills. Well at least for my game. Yeah around "800 kills game" a bit lite on the action. I use to sit on a roof at night looking for something to shoot at. Nothing.

Seems like action starts with the running roaming hordes around 5am. Just a hour before they start walking. Game probably be wild around 3,000 kills. Probably non-stop hoards. Most my deaths from recovering a buddies bike in radiation zone. I still need to recover my bike as well. Couple falling to my deaths in my deep tunnels. I tended to get sloppy after 1,500 kills. I got tunnels and bases and outposts all over the place. I even had my first horde make my lookout tower collapse. I was kinda bummed out. Cause hour before I just tossed in 40 meat and 500 rounds of sniper rifles rounds and two sniper rifles and many other things. Also lost the forge and workbench. Its my fault the lookout tower stilts weren't cement. Was only second log wood upgrade. Two stilts still standing.

First time I had to retreat. I was in the enclosed tower when it caved in. I fell then ran and hopped onto my bike while on horde night blood moon. Zombies running across the road and chasing me like bandits. Was pretty wild. Never got around to making beer yet. I haven plenty of chem tables all over but no hops to brew. I suppose i could go to traders and see if they sell any. Most the beer I got is finding some or buying out of vending machines.

You got one base or multiple bases and outposts scattered? I got them all over besides tunnels. Not sure if that does anything to get zombies crazy for passing hordes walking by. Seems around 2,000 kills is when the frequent passing by hordes and hordes scratching around the bases as well as two screamers at a time.

You got one base or multiple bases and outposts scattered? I got them all over besides tunnels. Not sure if that does anything to get zombies crazy for passing hordes walking by. Seems around 2,000 kills is when the frequent passing by hordes and hordes scratching around the bases as well as two screamers at a time.

Well, I usually starting building my own base around day 2 or 3, but this time on my new save I decided to hold off on building until day 15 after the second blood moon.

Reason for that is because I spent my first 7 days in the desert at the mining area next to the big ravine, collecting sand and Alde Vera plants for first aid bandages since I disable air drops and have to make my own medical supplies.

After those first 7 days out in the desert, I then went up to the snowy biome to indulge in my Christmas spirit and set up my new temporary base in the old house down the road from the pass 'N' gas. I made some minor adjustments and fortified it up a little for the second blood moon, and then moved on to building my own base from there which is now located in the pine forest.

And now here I am...

Day 24 with everything I could possibly want, food, water, base, minibike, and a high level hunting rifle with a lot of ammunition and nothing to use it on besides the 7th day invasions. If I want to see zombies I literally have to go out of my own way and purposefully find them myself, which is kind of ridiculous given it's supposed to be a "Survival Horde Crafting Game". - All I can do is try slogging through it and see if these "game stages" that Gazz mentioned a while ago start to kick in as I travel from one POI to the next killing zombies. But, like I say, it's just getting easier and easier!

Hope you got like 4+ repair kills for sniper rifles. I can break two at a time with all the action I get. I get frequent hordes days prior to horde blood moons. Its crazy. Some days ya cant go by doing what ya wanna do. Need to clean up the yard. Takes forever to loot all the bodies. I use to use my RAMBO knife for fat. Now I just use the blue edge fire axe chop up the z's faster. I had to put up cement 50 pillars around the tool shop sidewalks. Cause I had z's breaking the brick walls down. Also top lip of the roof I had to have the rusty bars laying flat all the way around the building. Cause I get like two or three spiders scaling the walls like spiderman. Also more cops puking on stuff. Also had to add more pillars in the store so building doesn't cave in.

Archived