Infinite amount of resources, duplicate bug

rasmus541

Hi! So while i was playing 7d2d on ps4 with my two friends yesterday, we found and interesting bug. One of those who makes the game alot more booring when you know its there.. Since all purpose of putting work to mining, looting towns etc. dissapears.

We found out that, if you loot the same box, zombie or supply drop at the same time we can all loot whats in there. That leads to, if i have 6000 stone i can put those stones into a storage. My friend and i open the storage, and now we got 12000 stones. And next time 24 000 stones.. One of us found an AK47? Well, just might duplicate it so we all get one. You get the thing.

Maybe this is a known bug idk, but anyways wanted to report it. It's afterall a game killer

Peace

Hi Rasmus541,

The bug for more than one player being able to access a container at the same time (and then often losing items put in the container as only one version of the open container is saved) is a known issue. I had not however, though of it as a resource exploit and that it could be used this way.

Thank you for pointing this out, I shall pass it onto the team as they might not have thought of it this way either.

Clare

Hi Rasmus541,

The bug for more than one player being able to access a container at the same time (and then often losing items put in the container as only one version of the open container is saved) is a known issue. I had not however, though of it as a resource exploit and that it could be used this way.

Thank you for pointing this out, I shall pass it onto the team as they might not have thought of it this way either.

Clare

Glad to help, hope you get it sorted.

No. It works in every container. Important is that the host opens the container first! Every other Player will be able to collect the items stored in it without synchronizing with the host, because the Container is still filled on host side. While a host is afk you can duplicate a massive amount of everything. Forgot to mention, IT only works on online multiplayer. Couch Coop won't Workshop. Guessing it's an synchronization problem which can't occur in local multiplayer games

No. It works in every container. Important is that the host opens the container first! Every other Player will be able to collect the items stored in it without synchronizing with the host, because the Container is still filled on host side. While a host is afk you can duplicate a massive amount of everything. Forgot to mention, IT only works on online multiplayer. Couch Coop won't Workshop. Guessing it's an synchronization problem which can't occur in local multiplayer games

Yea, it works in every container for us aswell. Indeed we also played online multiplayer.

• 1 month later...

Archived