New Content Cycle

McGowan Pride

I have updated the game, and started another new game. But now, every 30 seconds, I get a message on my screen that says "New Content Has Been Installed. Would You Like To Return To The Main Menu To Enable Its Use?"

Now, no matter if I hit "A" and return to main menu, or "B" to cancel, the message will not go away. It just keeps popping up.

I have done a clean install, a soft reset, and a full cache clearing. Nothing is stopping this message from interupting gameplay.

Hi McGowan Pride,

Thank you for your bug report, could you please fill out the bug report template given here so I can pass on as much information to the team. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

"I have done a clean install, a soft reset, and a full cache clearing. Nothing is stopping this message from interupting gameplay."

For clarity do you mean you have fully re-installed the game and the popup will still not go away?

Could you perhaps grab me a screenshot of the popup please?

Thanks,

Ro

[XBOX ONE] [MESSAGE SPAM]

Game Type: PRIVATE ONLINE

Map Type: RANDOM GEN

Seed/Save Name: GOD

Disk or Digital: DIGITAL

DLC: YES - ACTION PACK

Character: MADMOLE

Difficulty:♥SCAVENGER

Run: NEVER

Aggression: NORMAL

Day length:♥18

Drop On Death: TOOLBELT ONLY

Enemy memory:♥30

Enemy Spawning: DISABLED

Block durability: 100

Loot respawn time: 5

Loot abundance: 200

Airdrops:♥24

24 hour cycle:♥60

In-game Day: 2

• 4 months later...
Hi McGowan Pride,

Thank you for the added info, you can upload and attach screenshots when replying to a post.

Ro

I have the same issue with all settings. The pop up starts when I manually search for items in the crafting menu and type something in. No matter what I search for returns the message and if I quickly start crafting at the same time the menu pops up, the game crashes back to the menu screen.

Hi Kidliquid01,

Can you confirm for me that you are on version 1.0.18.0 and you're playing on XB1 correct?

Please also double check that the XB1 system does not have any pending updates that were unprompted.

This start occurring for you after updating the game (in that case it should read 1.0.18.0) or did it start to occur seemingly out of the blue?

Have you cleared the cache of the console recently? If not, would you be able to try that to see if it helps in case the prompt trigger is stuck in the cache?

If you updated the XB1 system recently, it might be worth trying to resync the system while preserving apps and data.

Clare

Hi Kidliquid01,

Can you confirm for me that you are on version 1.0.18.0 and you're playing on XB1 correct?

Please also double check that the XB1 system does not have any pending updates that were unprompted.

This start occurring for you after updating the game (in that case it should read 1.0.18.0) or did it start to occur seemingly out of the blue?

Have you cleared the cache of the console recently? If not, would you be able to try that to see if it helps in case the prompt trigger is stuck in the cache?

If you updated the XB1 system recently, it might be worth trying to resync the system while preserving apps and data.

Clare

Hey Clare! So I can confirm that I am on 1.0.18.0 and the game has been updated. My XB1 has also been updated and nothing is pending. I have cleared the cache on both of my XB1 systems that I've been experiencing this on as well.

This started happening after the update. I have not played much since then, but just picked the game up recently. Also I noticed that Trader Joel is now a playable character and can be selected. I initially thought the error was because I selected him, but I recently started a new world with Aiden and it's still happening.

Hi 7daystofan - Can you confirm you're seeing the same message that the others are seeing about new content when being kicked?

Kidliquid01 - Could you try resyncing your console while preserving apps and data (in the XB1 settings) to see if that helps?

You say it happens on both systems, are you using the same account on both? If you switch to another profile does this still occur?

Clare

Archived