EAC Error 20006

AFK26

Hey,

i got a big problem with the game. Yesterday it works normally and then my FPS drops to 1. I got that problem another time and a simple restart helps. Not this time, i tryed many video options but nothing works. So i reinstalled the game and a new problem appears.

Something is wrong with the EAC, Error Code 20006 (Cannot create service (StartService failed:2))

What is this?

I also tryed to uninstall complete Steam and installed it new but the error is still there and i cant start the game. But if i deactivate EAC it works.

I hope someone has solution, otherwise i have to boot my pc :(

My initial thought is to make sure the client and EAC are excluded from Antivirus.

Also, I've seen issues with EAC and some overlays like MSI Afterburner or Overwolf.

I also found this interesting solution regarding the same error for Rust...

Originally posted by Scycthe: I just found a solution that worked for me. I went to services, looked and right clicked on EasyAntiCheat, chose properties and changed the startup type to 'automatically'. I didn't need to start the service beacuse it only starts if a program is using it. After that, Rust opened without a problem for me.

I also found this tidbit on the Steam forum....

If you receive this error none of the above will fix it for you. Here is the Fix:

You are probably running on a 64-bit OS or Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher. EasyAntiCheat installs a Windows Service, you'll notice when looking at the service it is pointing to C:\Windows\System32\ for EasyAntiCheat.exe. However the installer detects 64-bit and installs it into C:\Windows\SysWOW64 instead. Go into C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and copy EasyAntiCheat.exe out of there and into C:\Windows\System32 directory, and try again. This will fix this issue for you.

thx for the help SylenThunder it works... a bit^^

now there is a now Error Code: 30005 xD

im wandering how this can be from one to another minute. The last days is works normally...

//EDIT: Yeah, problem solved. It was so easy, my antivirus was blocking it xD

Hi,

We've identified this to happen in the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview build. Something changed internally in how Windows handles Wow64 path redirection, so we will be releasing a fix for this today. I'll let you know today with a download link for a setup that resolves the issue prior the update will go live for everyone.

• 8 months later...

This actually works

My initial thought is to make sure the client and EAC are excluded from Antivirus.

Also, I've seen issues with EAC and some overlays like MSI Afterburner or Overwolf.

I also found this interesting solution regarding the same error for Rust...

I also found this tidbit on the Steam forum....

The thing i noticed was that it asks to reinstall 7 days to die from the startup launcher just hit install and accept and it will be working

Archived