New item suggestions

Zin

First post on these forums. I've done some modding for other games and created quite a few items and programed them for a similar zombie game. I've just copied the list of items from there to paste here. They were all items that seemed practical to find/use in a zombie style world. Truck ( all these crafters, and no one is capable of scrapping together a function vehicle form the wrecks ) Riot Shield ( specifically MADE for melee protection, and likely to exist here and there ) Wheel Barrow ( good for hauling heavier objects, maybe just adding a portable storage container since weight doesn't matter) MRE ( more practical than cans of food falling from the sky, more likely to be air dropped (assuming it is military dropping ) EFS ( Emergency Food Stuffs (you can buy catastrophe prep food stuffs from most major camping stores) Grenade Launcher ( rare, very rare, but already in existence pre zombie days, some should survive ) Brick ( as a weapon ) Broken Bottle ( as a weapon ) Clothes Iron (as a weapon ) Gillie Suit ( adds to stealth for zombie detection ) Hockey Stick ( weapon ) Lawnmower Blade ( weapon ... and possibly tool or build item for lawn mower) Pipe ( already in game ) Sock Party ( hard object in fabric sling used as a bludgeoning weapon ) Spot Light ( cast large cone of light, possibly a bit of metal, a glass pane, a few sticks, and a hub cap above a camp fire that you have to fuel ) Stick ( already in game ) Tire Iron ( all these vehicles and no tire irons?? ) Duct Tape ( handy substitute for plant fibers, maybe with multiple uses per roll ) Football Helmet ( very common sport that likely have some left over viable equipment spread about ) Football Shoulder Pads ( see above ) Ladder ( already in game ) Leather Jacket ( already in game ) Nailgun ( great tool for building, surprised it's not required for building some structures already in game ) Plywood Shield ( simple shield from plywood, easily to craft, easy to destroy ) Road Flares ( another various lighting object ) Shovel ( already in game ) Torch ( already in game ) Trashcan Lid Shield ( lots of trash cans about, and we all have a lil Captain America in us ) found a few more... Domestic Dogs ( maybe a small bonus for always having "someone" to alert you of zombies in the area and potentially a "weapon" ) Motion Activated Security Light ( Great for spotting, but too impractical for anything other than building defense ) Car Alarm/Fire Alarm/Sound System ( lots of cars around... some have alarms.. right? ... possible new way of creating a new distraction ) Flare gun ( sends a projectile light source a set distance. Handy for scouting ahead in darkness ) String-O-Cans ( simple to build alert system for proximity alert of zombies in the area ) Just a few suggestions that seem practical and I think might add a bit of immersion to the game.

i did just list out every item and a materials list for each item... then it told me nope... can't edit since it's been too long and i lost everything... sooooo... i'll do it later... also added a few more things like a rock sling that uses 2x leather to make and small stones as ammo... but once again.. it all went bye bye :(

i LOVE the idea of a riot shield, but only if the zeds have a random chance of a special type of attack that will end up with them trying to rip the shield away from you. Also, you need to move a damn sight slower when it is equipped, ie: no running at full speed etc...

[QUOTE=Zin;134138]First post on these forums. I've done some modding for other games and created quite a few items and programed them for a similar zombie game. I've just copied the list of items from there to paste here. They were all items that seemed practical to find/use in a zombie style world. Just a few suggestions that seem practical and I think might add a bit of immersion to the game.[/QUOTE] What I like from your list: Riot Shield ( specifically MADE for melee protection, and likely to exist here and there ) Wheel Barrow ( good for hauling heavier objects, maybe just adding a portable storage container since weight doesn't matter) MRE ( more practical than cans of food falling from the sky, more likely to be air dropped (assuming it is military dropping ) EFS ( Emergency Food Stuffs (you can buy catastrophe prep food stuffs from most major camping stores) Brick ( as a weapon ) Hockey Stick ( weapon ) Lawnmower Blade ( weapon ... and possibly tool or build item for lawn mower) Tire Iron ( all these vehicles and no tire irons?? ) Duct Tape ( handy substitute for plant fibers, maybe with multiple uses per roll ) Flare gun ( sends a projectile light source a set distance. Handy for scouting ahead in darkness ) String-O-Cans ( simple to build alert system for proximity alert of zombies in the area ) Riot shield could be destroyed easier by spitter enemies. Flare gun could be to gather allies, or to attract zombies to one area at night.

Archived