Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@RipClaw I don´t know FarCry nailed it pretty good, with enemies trying to sneak t behind you for example. Ofc it is not a functioning brain like a human enemy. But this is 7 days and compared to zombies they do hopefully have a kinda functioning brain. Otherwise they are utterly useless.

Isn't this black or white thinking? "Either they have a good AI, then it will be a gamechanger. Otherwise they will be utterly useless."

We already have the police zombie, so we have ranged combat, even in groups if a few policemen are spawned together. Bandits will probably be  tougher and may need end-game characters and some adaption of tactics. So what? Ranged is ranged and if they use cover they will be a bit harder to hit, but that's it. 7D2D will never compete with a dedicated shooter in a static world where they can give the AI optimized routes to follow and give them a dedicated decision tree for each specific map so they really feel intelligent. I don't know if FarCry does that, but if you are impressed by that AI I would bet they did.

I don't doubt that I will like bandits. They are surely something new in end-game once all POIs are easy mode. They will extend the game in a natural fashion, because they are tougher and ranged. They might make the sniper rifle fashionable again.

meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@RipClaw I don´t know FarCry nailed it pretty good, with enemies trying to sneak t behind you for example. Ofc it is not a functioning brain like a human enemy. But this is 7 days and compared to zombies they do hopefully have a kinda functioning brain. Otherwise they are utterly useless.

Isn't this black or white thinking? "Either they have a good AI, then it will be a gamechanger. Otherwise they will be utterly useless."

We already have the police zombie, so we have ranged combat, even in groups if a few policemen are spawned together. Bandits will probably be  tougher and may need end-game characters and some adaption of tactics. So what? Ranged is ranged and if they use cover they will be a bit harder to hit, but that's it. 7D2D will never compete with a dedicated shooter in a static world where they can give the AI optimized routes to follow and give them a dedicated decision tree for each specific map so they really feel intelligent. I don't know if FarCry does that, but if you are impressed by that AI I would bet they did.

meganoth

meganoth

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Isn't this black or white thinking? "Either they have a good AI, then it will be a gamechanger and gameplay on a new level. Otherwise they will be utterly useless."