Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ZehMatt

ZehMatt

Add screenshot for walkersim show command

This is a continuation of my previous mod (A19) WalkerSim - Enhanced roaming zombies - Mods - 7 Days to Die but written from scratch. If you ever felt like this game lacks wandering zombies then this mod will be what you are looking for.

What is this?

Instead of having zombies spawned at random this mod will simulate thousands of zombies on the map and when a player is close enough it will actually spawn them in-game, if the player is too far away the zombie will despawn and be put back into the simulation also remembering the state such as health and class. So if you clear some area then this area is actually clear until the zombies advance in the simulation to that area again.

This is a fast-forwarded illustration of how the simulation reacts to loud noises, the red circles illustrate the position and will fade out over time. WalkerSim will also load the roads which the zombies will prefer to navigate creating a more realistic behavior, even the undead probably prefer a path with least resistance. Most aspects of the simulation can be modified, see the xml file and its schema, proper documentation will follow at some point.

image.thumb.gif.45915c1997abbbd1495c688d22f452eb.gif

This preview is from the Viewer which is not polished enough yet to release and acts more as a debug tool for me, however you can see the simulation in-game by using the console command walkersim show which looks like following:

image.thumb.png.65b625052e8f3af0f925331a1c2727c7.png

I want to see it before I test it!

@Guppycur did stream some testing, 

Download

Release 0.9-beta.1 · ZehMatt/7dtd-WalkerSim2 (github.com)

-- Warning --

The default configuration has MaxAgents set to 15k (total zombies in simulation), this might too much for some people so you should adjust that if you feel overwhelmed.

EAC NOTE

When using this mod on your computer, EAC should be turned off. When the mod is installed on a server then the clients do not require to turn it off.

! Beta !

The reason I'm putting it out there right now is to get early feedback and suggestions. A lot of the functionality is not properly documented.

ZehMatt

ZehMatt

Typos

This is a continuation of my previous mod (A19) WalkerSim - Enhanced roaming zombies - Mods - 7 Days to Die but written from scratch. If you ever felt like this game lacks wandering zombies then this mod will be what you are looking for.

What is this?

Instead of having zombies spawned at random this mod will simulate thousands of zombies on the map and when a player is close enough it will actually spawn them in-game, if the player is too far away the zombie will despawn and be put back into the simulation also remembering the state such as health and class. So if you clear some area then this area is actually clear until the zombies advance in the simulation to that area again.

This is a fast-forwarded illustration of how the simulation reacts to loud noises, the red circles illustrate the position and will fade out over time. WalkerSim will also load the roads which the zombies will prefer to navigate creating a more realistic behavior, even the undead probably prefer a path with least resistance. Most aspects of the simulation can be modified, see the xml file and its schema, proper documentation will follow at some point.

This preview is from the Viewer which is not polished enough yet to release and acts more as a debug tool for me, however you can see the simulation in-game by using the console command: walkersim show

Download

-- Warning --

The default configuration has MaxAgents set to 15k (total zombies in simulation), this might too much for some people so you should adjust that if you feel overwhelmed.

EAC NOTE

When using this mod on your computer, EAC should be turned off. When the mod is installed on a server then the clients do not require to turn it off.

! Beta !

The reason I'm putting it out there right now is to get early feedback and suggestions. A lot of the functionality is not properly documented.

ZehMatt

ZehMatt

What is this?

This is a fast-forwarded illustration of how the simulation reacts to loud noises, the red circles illustrate the position and will fade out over time. WalkerSim will also load the roads which the zombies will prefer to navigate creating a more realistic behavior, even the undead probably prefer a path will least resistance. Most aspects of the simulation can be modified, see the xml file and its schema, proper documentation will follow at some point.

This preview is from the Viewer which is not polished enough yet to release and acts more as a debug tool for me, however you can see the simulation in-game by using the console command: walkersim show

Download

-- Warning --

EAC NOTE

! Beta !