Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Krougal

Krougal

On 7/28/2024 at 5:59 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Same as before. A moat 1 deep and 3 wide filled with spikes and the wall of my base  with no windows on the ground floor so they can´t see you. If you want to be really cautious you can dig a a tunnel entrance that leads outside their spawn radius so they can´t catch you when entering or leaving your base.

Don´t mind them when not in my base.

@Roland I am here. World is still empty. We need the slider for spawn percentage back. Screamers do not solve that problem. The towns and cities are still empty af when you go trough them.

A screamer horde is not the same as a more populated world. Not even close.

Yeah, this.

In the old days when you had to clear a town BEFORE you started clearing POIs, when they weren't POIs but merely buildings the world felt populated.

The screamers still don't do it. Even the wandering hordes don't really do it since they are so hit or miss.

My first 1.0 screamer experience at a radio station (t2 power/clear quest) that I was wrenching the consoles and most everything else. My only weapon for clearing was a wooden club, so the heat had to be all from salvaging. I heard the screamers outside, 2 of them hugging the wall. 1 was @%$#ing off somewhere nearby. So horde started coming, it was night still, but I was done anyway and not far from base. I rode home hoping they would give chase, but they seemed locked on the spot they were called in. Even though it was only a couple chunks away, it was far enough for them to de-spawn. 

Now of course I am getting them at home frequently. Doesn't bother me since my craft base is still a horde base. Their behavior is odd though. They don't scream a lot of the time, even though they obviously triggered. I've also gotten stealth kills and yet still have them scream and trigger. The feedback is not very good when it is inconsistent like this.

I still don't understand why they don't spawn in singles or spread out so that the people who don't want to deal with the hordes at least have a decent chance of neutralizing them. I mean when I'm at home sure, it's free xp and it breaks up the monotony and loneliness. On a mission, they are an unneeded distraction, especially since you need to finish a mission once you start it.

Oh, and my base heat gen is nothing extreme. Right now I've got 2 campfires, 1 forge, 1 workbench, 1 dew collector, 3 torches. Forge tends to run fulltime, campfires and workbench not so much.

Krougal

Krougal

On 7/28/2024 at 5:59 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Same as before. A moat 1 deep and 3 wide filled with spikes and the wall of my base  with no windows on the ground floor so they can´t see you. If you want to be really cautious you can dig a a tunnel entrance that leads outside their spawn radius so they can´t catch you when entering or leaving your base.

Don´t mind them when not in my base.

@Roland I am here. World is still empty. We need the slider for spawn percentage back. Screamers do not solve that problem. The towns and cities are still empty af when you go trough them.

A screamer horde is not the same as a more populated world. Not even close.

Yeah, this.

In the old days when you had to clear a town BEFORE you started clearing POIs, when they weren't POIs but merely buildings the world felt populated.

The screamers still don't do it. Even the wandering hordes don't really do it since they are so hit or miss.

My first 1.0 screamer experience at a radio station (t2 power/clear quest) that I was wrenching the consoles and most everything else. My only weapon for clearing was a wooden club, so the heat had to be all from salvaging. I heard the screamers outside, 2 of them hugging the wall. 1 was @%$#ing off somewhere nearby. So horde started coming, it was night still, but I was done anyway and not far from base. I rode home hoping they would give chase, but they seemed locked on the spot they were called in. Even though it was only a couple chunks away, it was far enough for them to de-spawn. 

Now of course I am getting them at home frequently. Doesn't bother me since my craft base is still a horde base. Their behavior is odd though. They don't scream a lot of the time, even though they obviously triggered. I've also gotten stealth kills and yet still have them scream and trigger. The feedback is not very good when it is inconsistent like this.

I still don't understand why they don't spawn in singles or spread out so that the people who don't want to deal with the hordes at least have a decent chance of neutralizing them. I mean when I'm at home sure, it's free xp and it breaks up the monotony and loneliness. On a mission, they are an unneeded distraction, especially since you need to finish a mission once you start it.