Are screamers more active since the latest patch b328?

seagas

I started a new save since the update, Nomad level and most everything else is default. Day four, I have a small base on top of the radio station and was stated to build a horde tower off of the radio tower. I have two dew collectors, a campfire and a forge. It's late afternoon and I'm working on said tower when I hear a couple of screamers cooing, I'm out of sight so I wait for them to climb the stairs so I can take them out. Before even climbing ome screams and two more screamers show up all with a horde. The screamers all stay on the ground and kept screaming, my base is overwhelmed, I used what ammo I had and barely made a dent if the horde that was there, but I managed to kill one screamer leaving three more. Somehow with dumb luck, i was able to escape and run away. 

Night fall and I'm a distance from my base and the horde and screamer kept wondering around my base. So I sneak up, using my tier 4 primitive bow and about 40 newly made iron arrows. One by one I was able to kill off the horde and the three remaining screamers, with the last one giving out a scream, but thankfully no more screamers. Out of arrows now, I was able to dispatch the new arrivals with my pip baton. This 70 year old was pretty proud that I managed to kill them off and remain alive. 

I have been playing since A16 and I have never experience a screamer horde so early or with so many showing at one time. This my second save on V1.0 and my first save, my first screamer didn't show up until week four at my base that had a lot more going on, heat wise. 

38 minutes ago, seagas said:

I started a new save since the update, Nomad level and most everything else is default. Day four, I have a small base on top of the radio station and was stated to build a horde tower off of the radio tower. I have two dew collectors, a campfire and a forge. It's late afternoon and I'm working on said tower when I hear a couple of screamers cooing, I'm out of sight so I wait for them to climb the stairs so I can take them out. Before even climbing ome screams and two more screamers show up all with a horde. The screamers all stay on the ground and kept screaming, my base is overwhelmed, I used what ammo I had and barely made a dent if the horde that was there, but I managed to kill one screamer leaving three more. Somehow with dumb luck, i was able to escape and run away. 

Night fall and I'm a distance from my base and the horde and screamer kept wondering around my base. So I sneak up, using my tier 4 primitive bow and about 40 newly made iron arrows. One by one I was able to kill off the horde and the three remaining screamers, with the last one giving out a scream, but thankfully no more screamers. Out of arrows now, I was able to dispatch the new arrivals with my pip baton. This 70 year old was pretty proud that I managed to kill them off and remain alive. 

I have been playing since A16 and I have never experience a screamer horde so early or with so many showing at one time. This my second save on V1.0 and my first save, my first screamer didn't show up until week four at my base that had a lot more going on, heat wise. 

Yes, screamers are more active.  Instead of only showing when heat gets to 100, they can show up when heat hits 25, though with a reduced chance.  In general, it makes it feel like they are there much more often.  They can also start out with two screamers before they even scream.