Crashes with restored world/save after PC Wipe

Due to multiple issues and configuration migrations of my PC over the years, I decided to do a clean wipe of my gaming machine to start fresh. I copied the saves folder and the GeneratedWorlds folder off before wiping. After restoring the folders to their respective folders in %appdata%\roaming\7DaysToDie, I was able to successfully restart the world and have my wife join as we had been playing. After about 10 minutes or so, it would crash. It's done this now 4 times, 3 of which were hang crashes in relation to "D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture" or "d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture", the 4th event being a logged crash event with the following stack trace:

========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FFFE0F00B22 (UnityPlayer) block_remove
0x00007FFFE0F01354 (UnityPlayer) tlsf_free
0x00007FFFDFFF6EA3 (UnityPlayer) DynamicHeapAllocator::Deallocate
0x00007FFFDFFFE47B (UnityPlayer) DualThreadAllocator<DynamicHeapAllocator>::TryDeallocate
0x00007FFFDFFFA7D0 (UnityPlayer) MemoryManager::Deallocate
0x00007FFFDFDF0C6B (UnityPlayer) core::vector<unsigned char const ,0>::~vector<unsigned char const ,0>
0x00007FFFDFDFBDD8 (UnityPlayer) `vector destructor iterator'
0x00007FFFE0A2ECBB (UnityPlayer) ParticleSystemParticles::~ParticleSystemParticles
0x00007FFFE0A137CE (UnityPlayer) ParticleSystem::`vector deleting destructor'
0x00007FFFE025498F (UnityPlayer) BatchDeleteStep2Threaded
0x00007FFFE0354661 (UnityPlayer) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
0x00007FF88A43257D (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FF88B04AF28 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

After all crashes, I've gone to Steam and verified the integrity of the game files and each time it's found 1 file that failed verification, of which it will redownload and I can launch again. Each time, it still crashes, and a file fails verification again. 

I haven't been able to confirm if this was in relation to the latest 1.0 patch as I didn't play since the patch was released to now. I'm going to continue going through my PC and try to tune some graphics settings and overall retune it for use, but I hope to gain some assistance in being able to re-use this world after the wipe. My wife and I just got back to day 70 after upping to v1.0.

Thanks in advance!

Logs:

7dtd_crash_playerfile - Pastebin.com Player file under appdata\local\temp\the fun pimps\7 days to die for logged crash

7dtd_crash_logfile - Pastebin.com Log file for logged crash with stack trace

7dtd_hang_logfile - Pastebin.com Latest hang crash log file for the night

When you see the d3d11 errors that's a statement from Unity about a graphics card driver issue. I would try this:

Reseat your GPU (may want to take a can of air spray and make sure there's no dust in the slot)

Download a new driver, and DDU (display driver uninstaller), follow the instructions there. Make sure you unplug your ethernet cable and you're not connected to the internet (there's an option there to prevent windows from installing a new driver, I'd do both to be sure). After you boot back into normal mode, install the downloaded driver.

Ok thank you. I typically would look at driver issues, but because this was a fresh wipe of the PC with fresh driver install, I didn't think it was graphics card, but I didn't think to reseat. 

I'll also do the DDU in case Windows is still hanging onto its first driver prior to installing NVIDIA. 

1 hour ago, deredrum said:

Ok thank you. I typically would look at driver issues, but because this was a fresh wipe of the PC with fresh driver install, I didn't think it was graphics card, but I didn't think to reseat. 

I'll also do the DDU in case Windows is still hanging onto its first driver prior to installing NVIDIA. 

Yeah it's a rare case, but it can't hurt to be sure. Especially when you're migrating things and haven't done it in a while, sometimes bad driver info can compound with updates and glitch out. The "Clean installation" for Nvidia doesn't do much except wipe profiles and such, using DDU is more robust. Beleive it or not I worked on a computer once back in my IT days that had constant gpu crashes in games, turns out it was just bearly not seated properly and the slot was a little dusty. Cleaned that out reseated it and DDU'd the driver and it worked fine since.

It's been a while since I've worked on my PC, or any endpoint PC, so some of the basics did escape me. 

In this case, I followed your advice to re-seat, and use DDU to wipe the driver, neither worked, but I didn't shy away from potential driver issue because, well, it's a GPU, and driver issues are always a possibility. Did some research and looked at my event log and saw a GPU Event 151 error which has apparently become prevalent lately with gamers on the NVIDIA GPU's. I decided to go grab the March driver and did a clean install using the NVIDIA installer (figured if it still crashed after that I'd do DDU again), and so far, knock on wood, I've been in-game longer than 30 minutes without a crash. 

Looks like this was a driver issue with the July NVIDIA driver. 

Thanks a lot for your help!

I decided to go grab the March driver and did a clean install using the NVIDIA installer (figured if it still crashed after that I'd do DDU again), and so far, knock on wood, I've been in-game longer than 30 minutes without a crash. 

Spoke too soon. Crashed after over an hour of play time. Now it's event ID 0. Guess I get to dig some more.

Spoke too soon. Crashed after over an hour of play time. Now it's event ID 0. Guess I get to dig some more.

Drat. Try unchecking Enable Graphics Jobs here in the game launcher:

image.png.98f327a28420149686d381773325b16e.png

Found out it was something tied to memory XMP profile and Rebar. I've got it mostly stable now.

Thanks for the help.

By the way, side note, since all of these crashes, Traders are now only offering me Tier3 quests where I was Tier5. Is there somewhere I can check to see how many Tier points I have and what Tier the game says I should be on?

Found out it was something tied to memory XMP profile and Rebar. I've got it mostly stable now.

Thanks for the help.

By the way, side note, since all of these crashes, Traders are now only offering me Tier3 quests where I was Tier5. Is there somewhere I can check to see how many Tier points I have and what Tier the game says I should be on?

Nice!! I'm confused as to how xmp would cause gpu memory instability but I've learned not to argue with weirdness when it comes to odd computer issues lately lol.

On the latter, that's a bug caused by carrying over an old save. To compensate for now until you make a new one: cm in the console, click the dev block icon up top, acquire a Ticket stack, prob tier 5, and read/turn them in until you get to your previous progression. The bug will likely happen again though in that same save. Won't happen in a new one though, or shouldnt.