Question! How does entity kill counter works?

Hello fella survivors!

Just join in the forum to ask some questions, doesn't quite know the rule for posting in here, if i'm violating the rule, please go easy on me.😃

So the first one is : Why blade trap and gun Turrets add kill count (enemy kills in tap"Players" and zombie kills in tap "Character"/stats) But Dart trap does not ?

and the follow up question : How does entity kill counter works? and is there a way to modify thier behavior through xml?

2 hours ago, Arthur said:

Hello fella survivors!

Just join in the forum to ask some questions, doesn't quite know the rule for posting in here, if i'm violating the rule, please go easy on me.😃

So the first one is : Why blade trap and gun Turrets add kill count (enemy kills in tap"Players" and zombie kills in tap "Character"/stats) But Dart trap does not ?

and the follow up question : How does entity kill counter works? and is there a way to modify thier behavior through xml?

I thought dart traps did credit you with XP if you have the right perk level in Advanced Engineering, but I will have to check the tags.

When you get the right perk level in Advanced Engineering, it adds a custom tag to the player.  With that tag, any kills by electrical traps are credited to you and given a small XP amount (based on the perk level).  You can make changes to it through xml (at least the XP amount).  You can also set to have that given to the player right away (I added it to the entityclass entry for the survivor to try it out back in A20).

thank for the reply!

33 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I thought dart traps did credit you with XP if you have the right perk level in Advanced Engineering, but I will have to check the tags.

I do know the xp multiplier "ElectricalTrapXP" inside progression.xml.

And dart trap does credit me with xp But not the kill count, I'm hope that there is a way to add the dart trap kill to zombiekills counter.