Custom Particle Effects for V1.0 mods

Hi Everyone !

In A21 I created a mod which included a custom particle effect created in Unity 2022.  This was exported to the Mod Resources folder and referenced within my Buffs XML......<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="#@modfolder:Resources/Swirls?SwirlMustardAS".....  This worked perfectly !

However, when updating the mod for V1.0, this custom effect seems to be ignored.  No error messages and no effect when running the mod.   A contact of mine has suggested the path might need changing for V1.0, but I can not find out what to.  Also, I realize TFP are using different vanilla particle effects in V1.0, so maybe that has a consequence on my custom effect ?

Does anyone out there have a solution ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

• 2 weeks later...

VFX Graph Particle System: Unity has promoted the use of the VFX Graph for more complex particle effects, often replacing the Shuriken particle system. This may require adjustments in projects migrating from previous versions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2024 at 7:56 AM, bdubyah said:

Maybe post up the whole bit of xml instead of just a snippet. Might make the issue more obvious.

Hi bdubyah !

Full code:

<buff name="buffDemoSnow">
        <stack_type value="replace"/>
        <duration value="0"/>
        <effect_group>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="#@modfolder:Resources/Swirls?SwirlBlueAS" local_rotation="270,0,0" />
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEnteredGame" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="#@modfolder:Resources/Swirls?SwirlBlueAS" local_rotation="270,0,0" />
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="RemoveParticleEffectFromEntity" particle="SwirlBlueAS"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="RemoveParticleEffectFromEntity" particle="SwirlBlueAS"/>
        </effect_group>
    </buff>

Hmm. Only thing I can say is maybe it's due to not having a parent_transform set? Can search the vanilla buffs.xml and see examples. Maybe try adding one using either Spine1 or .body like the vanilla buffs use and see if that does anything. I haven't checked any of my particles yet in 1.0.

14 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Hmm. Only thing I can say is maybe it's due to not having a parent_transform set? Can search the vanilla buffs.xml and see examples. Maybe try adding one using either Spine1 or .body like the vanilla buffs use and see if that does anything. I haven't checked any of my particles yet in 1.0.

Already tried that using Spine1.  No difference sadly...