noteDesc modding question...

So I'm doing some local testing by building some small mods within the .xml files. One of the things I added was a custom quest "note." The note replaces the vanilla note from "The Duke of Navezgane," and it works perfectly fine on my PC. I'm running a Listen Server from my PC; so even though the physical note is appearing in every player's inventory/hotbar, the contents of the note isn't showing. It just says, noteMyNote01 in the title, but no other actual content is showing in the description area.

I've tried multiple times to insert an image from URL to accompany this post, but nothing has worked. Anyway, any help for my modding issue would really be appreciated!

7 hours ago, DarkmindGames_SLIVER said:

So I'm doing some local testing by building some small mods within the .xml files. One of the things I added was a custom quest "note." The note replaces the vanilla note from "The Duke of Navezgane," and it works perfectly fine on my PC. I'm running a Listen Server from my PC; so even though the physical note is appearing in every player's inventory/hotbar, the contents of the note isn't showing. It just says, noteMyNote01 in the title, but no other actual content is showing in the description area.

I've tried multiple times to insert an image from URL to accompany this post, but nothing has worked. Anyway, any help for my modding issue would really be appreciated!

Do you have a localization file that the custom note refers to?

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="noteDuke01Desc"/>

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Do you have a localization file that the custom note refers to?

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="noteDuke01Desc"/>

Indeed I do and the new note contents show up on my PC, but not the player's that join the server PC's.

56 minutes ago, DarkmindGames_SLIVER said:

Indeed I do and the new note contents show up on my PC, but not the player's that join the server PC's.

Try having them install a copy of the mod also.  I only play SP, so I don't know if the localization file has to be on their computer also to show up.