Game stuck on "Loading block textures..." before main menu [unofficial fix]

n2n1

Posted (edited)

(this has now been fixed by the developers, so my interventions in the code are no longer required)

Due to
the fact that the official testers do not consider it necessary to fix this, therefore we are forced to do it ourselves.

This modified dll-file contains changes in the code that allow you to run the game for those users who they get an error in the console and the game stops loading at "Loading block textures...".

Keep in mind:
I am not an experienced C# programmer, so i do what i can - i just removed the "joystick effects" that caused the error.
So far i haven't done any testing, so i don't have any guarantees for you that everything will work - i've limited myself to testing launches for their own personal purposes.

For version V1.0 (b312) : (link was deleted as a result of its irrelevance)
(works on b313 as well)

EAC and steam achievements, of course, will not work.

By the way, i have a solution to the problem of not closing (not exiting) from the game.
But before publishing a solution, i would just like to get confirmation that this happens to other users, not just me.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

At least someone cares when the devs don't. Thank you for your work.

Once 1.0 is officialy live and devs won't fix this will you update and make this fix public like on Nexus or something?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lythael said:

\\\

Once 1.0 is officialy live and devs won't fix this will you update and make this fix public like on Nexus or something?

My motivation for this - is that i need it for my mod "CLASSIC Style HARDCORE"
Now i see that the number of downloads is quite large, and therefore, i plan to continue to post these fixes further, but only if their functionality and absence of problems are confirmed.
I think, i will be forced to do this for each STABLE version. Experimental will most likely be ignored by me (but this is not certain).

I will post only in this thread on the forum, i not use Nexus.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, I will try this, I've had this error since Christ was a Corporal, and all I got was that I was looking for a unicorn.

Hopefull I will get a chance to try often in a couple of weeks.

22 minutes ago, Rotor said:

Dude, I will try this, I've had this error since Christ was a Corporal, and all I got was that I was looking for a unicorn.

Hopefull I will get a chance to try often in a couple of weeks.

The developers have made changes to the new updates, so it is not required now :)

Posted (edited)

By the way, i have a solution to the problem of not closing (not exiting) the game.
But before publishing a solution, i would just like to get confirmation that this happens to other users, not just me.

(for Win7)