(V1) Oakraven Collection

arramus

5 hours ago, arramus said:

There should be only one cooking station in the crafting list. It is called Oakraven Cookers and is a helper block. Holding 'r' key allows us to switch between the 4 choices of cooking station when we try to place it. Are you unable to see 'Oakraven Cookers' at all?

oh, i thought it will be a seperated items. yes, i have crafted the oakraven cookers but when i going to place it and holding R key only the rotation popped up, there is no selection for the others.

50 minutes ago, arramus said:

This is how it works by default. And this is the same as Lanterns, Farm Plots, and other helper blocks.

Craft

spacer.png

R key to select options, and Shapes, just as with Farm Plots.

spacer.png

Select from the 4 choices.

spacer.png

idk why but there is no shape option for me somehow.

V1.0_2024-09-23_04-35-02.jpg

This mod works as intended on its own in Navezgane.

There appears to be a conflict with the current mix of mods in this play through, since the shapes option is not visible.

This requires finding where the conflict is if you wish to pursue troubleshooting.

4 hours ago, arramus said:

This mod works as intended on its own in Navezgane.

There appears to be a conflict with the current mix of mods in this play through, since the shapes option is not visible.

This requires finding where the conflict is if you wish to pursue troubleshooting.

not sure what exactly happened before, i tried to crafted it once again and it's able to change the shape now. thanks so much for your help! btw, would like to ask how can i craft the fish fillet? i just can't find the recipe in the list, do i need another station to do so? i got so many fishes but what i can make is only fish soup and fish pie, want to cook some other dishes tho lol

Place the fish on a surface, such as the ground, or make a chopping board with a log for context. Butcher it with a knife and receive fish fillets for your recipes. The same for the Chickens from Chicken Coops. Place them on the ground and butcher them for Raw Meat or keep as a pet.

47 minutes ago, arramus said:

Place the fish on a surface, such as the ground, or make a chopping board with a log for context. Butcher it with a knife and receive fish fillets for your recipes. The same for the Chickens from Chicken Coops. Place them on the ground and butcher them for Raw Meat or keep as a pet.

ok, noted and thanks~

On 7/29/2024 at 3:14 AM, arramus said:

Correct. Since they are from different mods, they are not automatically integrated.

They can be added to the Oakraven Cooking Stations recipes.xml in the same way as other recipes with:

<recipe name="foodHoneyBread" count="1" craft_time="60" craft_area="OaksCooker" craft_tool="toolCookingPot">
    <ingredient name="foodHoneyComb" count="5"/>
    <ingredient name="foodCornMeal" count="2"/>
    <ingredient name="drinkJarBoiledWater" count="1"/>
    <ingredient name="foodEgg" count="1"/>
    </recipe>

<recipe name="foodHoneyPumpkinPie" count="1" craft_time="60" craft_area="OaksCooker" craft_tool="toolCookingPot">
    <ingredient name="foodCropPumpkin" count="2"/>
    <ingredient name="foodEgg" count="1"/>
    <ingredient name="foodCornMeal" count="1"/>
    </recipe>

<recipe name="foodBlueberryBreadPudding" count="1" craft_time="60" craft_area="OaksCooker" craft_tool="toolCookingPot">
    <ingredient name="foodCropBlueberries" count="5"/>
    <ingredient name="foodEgg" count="2"/>
    <ingredient name="resourceAnimalFat" count="2"/>    
    <ingredient name="foodShamSandwich" count="1"/>
    </recipe>

<recipe name="drinkHoneyBeer" count="1" craft_area="OaksCooker" craft_tool="toolCookingPot">
    <ingredient name="drinkJarBeer" count="1"/>
    </recipe>

Notice how the craft_area = OaksCooker.

I ran into the same problem (with recipes from your other mods like the beehives). Seems like changing the craft area value of the cookers in blocks.xml just makes every campfire recipe available in the cooker (vanilla and mods). Also has the added benefit of allowing you to delete everything (except the CookerVariantHelper) from recipes.xml to avoid duplicate recipes. 

<property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="campfire"/>

Am I missing some drawback to this? Seems to work fine on my game. 

The OaksCooker recipes used to have a benefit over campfire recipes. For example, less resource requirement, or faster crafting time. Some overhauls specifically only use the OaksCooker for certain custom recipes to keep them unique.

Going forward though, campfire is sufficient as this V1.0 update is identical. Oakraven simply hasn't had time to tweak the recipes for gains, and there is no reason they can't revert back to campfire recipes by default. TFP has really balanced recipes well for V1.0 with reduced resources and extra crafting items over past Alphas. I'll discuss this with Oakraven during our next review of the mods.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

The OaksCooker recipes used to have a benefit over campfire recipes. For example, less resource requirement, or faster crafting time. Some overhauls specifically only use the OaksCooker for certain custom recipes to keep them unique.

Going forward though, campfire is sufficient as this V1.0 update is identical. Oakraven simply hasn't had time to tweak the recipes for gains, and there is no reason they can't revert back to campfire recipes by default. TFP has really balanced recipes well for V1.0 with reduced resources and extra crafting items over past Alphas. I'll discuss this with Oakraven during our next review of the mods.

Makes sense. I just tried this:

<property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="campfire,OaksCooker"/>

Now regular campfire recipes show up just fine, and you can have OaksCooker recipes that only show on them if needed. Seems to solve all use cases. 

Here is a small update for the Oakraven Cooking Stations for the purpose of compatibility across Oakraven Collection mods, and food type mods in general.

1. Oakraven Cooking Stations accept regular campfire recipes. This ensures the recipes in the Bee Hives Mod and Chicken Coops Mod are compatible.
It also ensures other community mods can be crafted on Oakraven Cooking Stations.

Back when the cooking stations were released, there were no coops and hives, and Oakraven Cooking Stations used very generous recipe ingredients.
Since then, recipes have expanded in the community, the main game has changed how cooking efficiency reduces time and material requirements, and overhaul creators know very well how to customise recipes and crafting areas to match their own specifications. TFP have also allowed cooking stations to increase basic 'chemistry' features which the Oakraven Cooking Stations have no further need to expand on since they are now default.

2. Even though Oakraven Cooking Stations can be picked up inside a land claim block boundary, it is now possible to destroy them and receive back the 'helper' block. This will allow players to select an alternative Cooking Station from the 4 available.

3. The Oakraven Cooking Stations continue to have larger output areas which which creates a 'food pantry' storage area since some of them take up a fair bit of space.

i have my wiring skill at 100 and I don't have the option to craft the batteries from the Powerthings Mod...i am playing on the 1.1 b14 exp,...did this somehow break the progression? I can still buy them from traders,...just don't have the "craft" text in the workbenchspacer.png

Yes. Unfortunately b14 changed the levels of things, and this Mod is currently hooked up to stable and specifically the levels.

Stable hooks them up directly to levels 51,60,70,80,90,100

b16 changes that to 55,60,70,80,90,100

It is enough of a change to cause this mismatch as it has to be specific.

You can go to the progression.xml and manually change it from 51,100 to 55,100.

<configs>
	<!-- Power and Solar Cell hooked into Car Battery Crafting Tier  -->
	<append xpath="/progression/crafting_skills/crafting_skill[@name='craftingElectrician']/display_entry[@icon='carBattery']/unlock_entry/@item">,PowerCell,solarCell</append>

<append xpath="/progression/crafting_skills/crafting_skill[@name='craftingElectrician']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked'][@level='55,100']/@tags">,PowerCell,solarCell</append>	
	<append xpath="/progression/crafting_skills/crafting_skill[@name='craftingElectrician']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CraftingTier'][@level='60,70,80,90,100']/@tags">,PowerCell,solarCell</append>
</configs>

That will address these change notes for b14.

• Progression and save game safe adjustments to unlock values with electrical crafting magazines. Sensors section from 50 to 45. Battery Bank and powered doors section from 75 to 55. Batteries now start at 55 and end at 100
  • Moved battery unlocks to T4 and powered doors to T3. Both unlock at 55, but the battery quality unlocks continue to levels 60, 70, 80, 90, and then 100 for Q6

This will be updated once things go Stable, but this small amendment can assist for now for anyone on experimental. Thanks for posting about it, as it'll assist others who are facing the same issue.

• arramus changed the title to (V1) Oakraven Collection