You get what you play for.

You get what you play for. For me I play, as a nomadic stealth hunter. I temporarily took over T3 Ranger

Golf Station, on day 3. It gives me a lot of wide open space to use for now.

My settings are custom, amd ryzen 5 3500, Nvidia GTX 1080, 16 gig ram, 50” screen. 1920 x 1080, FOV 70,

vsync off.   Zombies: walk,walk,jog,run.  Adventurer 120 min days. XB1 turtle beach recon controller.

Terrain grass object: Ultra High Ultra.  Water low 5% particles. View distance High, shadows Med, Reflected

shadows on, LOD 50%, I only have sun shafts on, I don’t need the rest. Single player off line. The visual quality

is clean enough that I don’t feel cheated by not turning it up to 2 or 4 k.

The controls take a bit to get use to them, a suggestion for this is increase the size of the landing zones for

some of the windows. I will include a picture as an example. Also in Window xmls, for the sub menus allow

the lb and rb to scroll through the windows.

Tool animation is smooth, Weapon reach vs zombie reach is more natural.

Stealth:  The zombie sight range is short enough that if I crouch, don’t bump into anything that makes noise,

and move slowly they don’t become aware, and only partially after being hit with an arrow. Doing the

mushroom mine, none woke as I stealthed through. Only big mamma woke, because at my level I can’t one

shot her.  The subdued gray tones make them blend in with the environment so that is a nice artistic touch.

I modded throwing the stone spear back in.

Hunting: This is my new favorite part of the game. I like to hunt at night mostly, but I feel equally comfortable

doing it in day light. I use my headphones to hear directional and ambient sounds, so, by using my bow I have

more than enough meat.

Balance: I have to go out and raid pois to find water, in the first 4 days then I made two dew collectors. I never

really used the Traders much before. I would visit but not buy anything. Now their inventory and quest make

sense and I incorp them into a playthrough.

Pathing reminds me of the a17s “no where to hide type”. I don’t know when it was added back in but because

of the tumble animation, zombies die from falls if enough prior damage was done. Thanks for that.

The recursive check for tracking, is great for me, when I go walkabout I stay in the squatted position until action

is necessary. The 3 position fight or flight for controllers is nice. There is walk, Quick dart, to move just a couple

of blocks, momentary sprint, and full run. All of it depending on how long you hold the run button.

Now for the other stuff. 

The tippy tippy toe dogs still the same. But now I know if I see a dog house, a barn or a farm, there are one or more,

waiting to take a bite out of my crime. I modded the dog mass to be between the coyote and the wolf.

I plan to make the grass taller, and make a prefab of some of the zombies laying dormant in the wilderness.

I also need to mod the lighting at night and indoors a bit darker, each night is like La Luna Del Cacciatore, the hunters moon. 

But overall I’m enjoying it all.

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles
It came out as a wall of Text at first (see edit history)