lost game save

nika

so, i ended up shutting my computer down accidentally while in a game and when i restarted my pc to play, the save was gone...

i know there's a way to recover the save, but i have no idea where to put it or how to start it... need halp!

TIA

nika

On 6/6/2024 at 4:31 PM, SylenThunder said:

Moving this to the correct section of the forum for support. Take a moment to read the Pinned threads.

Where was this moved?  My computer blue screened and the game save was gone.  Can I recover the save?

Windows:
Open file explorer; type %appdata% and hit enter in the address bar, find the 7 days to die folder..
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Map_Name\Save_Name\

Inside the map_name (the one you were playing on) & save_name folder, you'll have a bunch of .bak files (check the other folders inside the \save_name\ structure) you can remove the '.bak' part of the file extension on all of these files to try and manually recover it. But there's other files without backups there, so no telling if this will help if the bluescreen corrupted the save in the wrong way or something, then it could still be lost.

Example(s): (NOT A COMPLETE LIST, YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT IT IN A VIEW MODE WHERE U CAN SEE ALL THE FILES AND EXTENSIONS AND DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING)
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\drones.dat.bak
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\vehicles.dat.bak
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\Player\EOS_####.ttp.bak
Rename to
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\drones.dat
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\vehicles.dat
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\Player\EOS_####.ttp

Edited by Aurrius (see edit history)