Zombie Spawning Changes?

I have witnessed, and there has been quite a bit of discussion elsewhere about, a reduction in zombie spawning over time - both solo and public servers.

Has A21.2 introduced a change in zombie spawning?

While this apparent difference helps with the impression of "winning against the zombie tide," it does serve to reduce zombie #s substantially in an area over time. Of note, on public servers, building a screamer base can be counter-productive. Or even a nighttime Wasteland base. Even Traders - who usually have a mini-hoard around them, often have almost no zombies (1-2) spawning around them at night by Day 25.

Has there been a FunPimps change of spawning and will it carry over into 1.0?

While I very much enjoy the idea, it seems to negatively impact the experience of being able to find zombies to kill.

I believe that there was a change, but I am not 100% sure if the changes applied to biome spawns. I know that for POI's it is now tied to the loot respawn interval rather than the default that it was configured to before. If memory serves, biome (and possibly POI) respawn was previously set to five days.

I would need to dig around in the xml and game code a bit, but work has been keeping me super busy this week so I don't really have time to do that atm.