The Craft-only challenge

Here's a ruleset I played by on my last run. I'll post it here for people seeking inspiration for new runs.

My experience with it was that the game felt a lot more oldschool and crafting centered, the new magazine system actually mattered a lot more now and no dull trader grinding :]

I also got in several challenging situations when lagging behind with the weapon tech :D

General settings:

50 min days, 8 hour nights (22-6)

Z speeds: Day: Jog

Night: Nightmare

Ferals: Nightmare

BM: Nightmare

Bloodmoons: every 7 days

BM Z count: As much as your PC can do :]

Difficulty: Start with lowest, increase by 1 step after each blood moon

Feral sense: off, on after 2nd blood moon

Everything else default.

Ruleset:

1. Only one quest from any trader per day. If a quest is failed you can try again on that day. You don't have to turn the quest in at the same day.

2. No ammo or vehicle rewards from quests.

3. No Fergettin' Elixir use.

4. You are only allowed to use self crafted tools, weapons, armor pieces and mods, which means:

-ANY looted or rewarded whole tools, weapons, armor pieces and mods need to be instantly scrapped. You can use the resulting parts. (For lv. 6 items see below)

-the only exception to this rule are items you cannot craft, such as the college jacket or the different glasses.

5. You can not repair anything that has quality lv 1-5, you have to craft it anew. The only use of repair kits will be for vehicles and lv 6 stuff (see below).

-when something breaks, toss it.

6. When looting/getting Lv. 6 items:

-if you can not craft that item at lv. 5, scrap it and keep the parts.

-if you can craft that item at lv. 5 you can keep the lv. 6. Craft a lv 5 version and toss it to "unlock" the lv. 6.

-when a lv. 6 item breaks, craft a lv. 5, toss it, then repair the lv. 6.

7. Survive til day 50

8. Add an additional building objective with certain end game specs for that timeframe.

-As example: In my run it was a closed jump shaft that had to go from bedrock to the sky, all concrete, painted with a funky texture, with electrical lighting installed every 10 blocks. Gave me a reason to get to electrics other than traps, which I rarely use. At the end of the run on day 50 I'd jump it for a flashy exit:P

Feel free to try this, add or change rules, figure out additional objectives etc.

Hope some of you have fun with this.

See y'all in 1.0  :D