Break Windows

Syphon583

Just had a random thought while watching JaWoodle run away from a bunch of demolishers in a POI:

Wouldn't it be cool if the game had a "break window" mechanic? Obviously it wouldn't work for bullet-proof windows, but imagine you're in a POI and quickly get surrounded by Zs. If my character could run and jump through a window (even if the window wasn't broken already) or at the very least be able to run up to a window and quickly hit a key that would initiate a "jump through and break window" animation, that would not only be really sick, but it would add another fun little mechanic to the game.

Of course the game already lets me break windows, but using tools or blunt weapons to break them open can take time based on how powerful they are. This mechanic gives the character a quicker way to get out of sticky situations. Additionally, you could introduce some amount of risk to the action, like a small to moderate chance of a bleed debuff (since, you know, jumping through a pane of glass might cut you up).

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but the thought just tickled my brain a little bit.