Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Laz Man

Laz Man

On 7/3/2024 at 6:16 PM, Fisher said:

Here's a minor fix for you.  This pile of books/table is not able to be interacted with.  Perhaps a deprecated prop.  Hopefully the POI name and pic will be enough to identify it.

books.jpg

I spun up a new map but seems fine so far to me.  Did you try harvesting any of the decoration around it to see if it helps?  Thanks!

V1.0_2024-07-07_10-50-40.jpg

5 hours ago, Chaton Noir said:

Hello, @faatal, I have a few questions.

1. Which AO is using 1.0? Earlier you wrote about "BCVAO" (block colour vertex AO). Is this it? https://github.com/Delt06/vertex-ao
2. Is it possible to remove fog from indoor areas? Now it is created globally for the whole world.
3. Is it possible for volumetric clouds to appear? It could make the game much more beautiful outdoors. Plus it wouldn't affect performance if you make it optional and customisable. Regular skyboxes also need improvement - the sky can be made much prettier even without volumetric clouds. I think you will do at least skyboxes in 1.1.
4. Do you plan to change the future order of updates in any way? Will we have intermediate updates 1.0.1, 1.2.2 (like A21.1, A19.5) as before, or will you focus on major updates and we will see only small fixes (1.1 b287, b295)?

5. What is the main problem with generating bridges? You could, for example, make individual bridge sections and place as many of them as you need. You can also additionally make several variants of river widths, for example. Or, for example, you could make some sort of tiles/stamps with a river and a bridge, which would be some sort of nodal point through which the river would be generated. Or you could make a river first, and then put such a tile/stamp/whatever in the place where the bridge is needed, and adequately connect the river and bridge to the tile (which will be easier if there are certain widths of rivers). This is just something that came to my mind :)

I've also heard that the Teragon generator creates bridges the first way. These images were shown to me by one of the players who uses Teragon.

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31 (2).jpg

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31 (3).jpg

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31.jpg

Personally, given enough time I have faith Faatal could figure out a way to get longer rivers into RWG.  Bridges on the other hand can be a bit more complex, especially when trying to connect 2 diagonal river edges.  Teragon can do it but its far from ideal imo.  At the end of the day, its a matter of priority, available time and what value it would add apart from "it looks cool."  Oh and how much of the game it breaks of course... 😅

Laz Man

Laz Man

Here's a minor fix for you.  This pile of books/table is not able to be interacted with.  Perhaps a deprecated prop.  Hopefully the POI name and pic will be enough to identify it.

books.jpg

I spun up a new map but seems fine so far to me.  Did you try harvesting any of the decoration around it to see if it helps?  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Chaton Noir said:

Hello, @faatal, I have a few questions.

1. Which AO is using 1.0? Earlier you wrote about "BCVAO" (block colour vertex AO). Is this it? https://github.com/Delt06/vertex-ao
2. Is it possible to remove fog from indoor areas? Now it is created globally for the whole world.
3. Is it possible for volumetric clouds to appear? It could make the game much more beautiful outdoors. Plus it wouldn't affect performance if you make it optional and customisable. Regular skyboxes also need improvement - the sky can be made much prettier even without volumetric clouds. I think you will do at least skyboxes in 1.1.
4. Do you plan to change the future order of updates in any way? Will we have intermediate updates 1.0.1, 1.2.2 (like A21.1, A19.5) as before, or will you focus on major updates and we will see only small fixes (1.1 b287, b295)?

5. What is the main problem with generating bridges? You could, for example, make individual bridge sections and place as many of them as you need. You can also additionally make several variants of river widths, for example. Or, for example, you could make some sort of tiles/stamps with a river and a bridge, which would be some sort of nodal point through which the river would be generated. Or you could make a river first, and then put such a tile/stamp/whatever in the place where the bridge is needed, and adequately connect the river and bridge to the tile (which will be easier if there are certain widths of rivers). This is just something that came to my mind :)

I've also heard that the Teragon generator creates bridges the first way. These images were shown to me by one of the players who uses Teragon.

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31 (2).jpg

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31 (3).jpg

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31.jpg

Personally, given enough time I have faith Faatal could figure out a way to get longer rivers into RWG.  Bridges on the other hand can be a bit more complex, especially when trying to connect 2 diagonal river edges.  Teragon can do it but its far from ideal imo.  At the end of the day, its a matter of available priority, time and what value it would add apart from "it looks cool."  Oh and how much of the game it breaks of course... 😅

Laz Man

Laz Man

books.jpg

Laz Man

Laz Man

books.jpg

V1.0_2024-07-07_10-46-41.jpg