Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What?

@faatal Well, that discussion in kinda pointless. But more importnant, how will updates work? I mean you surely won´t break saves anymore now when leaving early access. That would be an absolute no go. Wich means RWG is completly done, with 1.0 i assume?

No, Fataal answered this already. Since savegames and world files have version information you can convert older versions to a new format at the start of the game. if necessary. This is just some programming effort, the deeper the changes the longer it takes to program.

The Factorio developers for example have done this since ages ago. You practically can start an old savegame from years ago and it will just run the savegame through ALL individual change routines until the save reaches the current version.

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What?

@faatal Well, that discussion in kinda pointless. But more importnant, how will updates work? I mean you surely won´t break saves anymore now when leaving early access. That would be an absolute no go. Wich means RWG is completly done, with 1.0 i assume?

No, Fataal answered this already. Since savegames and world files have version information you can convert older versions to a new format. if necessary. This is just some programming effort, the deeper the changes the longer it takes to program.

The Factorio developers for example have done this since ages ago. You practically can start an old savegame from years ago and it will just run the savegame through ALL individual change routines until the save reaches the current version.