Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Jost Amman

Jost Amman

15 hours ago, theFlu said:
19 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Maybe. But this new water mechanics is at its first iteration, so we can expect some balancing in A22.

Hmm... I don't think it's a case of simple balancing, but what do you have in mind? What would solve it?

I think it depends an whether they want to lean back to real survival or forward even more to the looter-shooter trend.

I hope for the former, and in that case my idea of balancing would be to make water and drinks less available from vending machines and the trader, while at the same time making it more frequent to be able to get a filter from the world.

I'd even go for a special quest where you can only get a filter as a sort of quest reward (like a 90% chance to find the filter in the water treatment plant, for example).

As for water itself, I'd simply make the free hands action on water to give you back a jar of radiated water, and add a more complex way for purifying it.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Also you act like building dew collectors and gathering the parts for it is the pinnacle of survival game play. It´s not. Again to be able to build dew collectors you have to do quests. At the already overpowered trader. The mechanic basically forces you to get OP quest rewards. Buying the filter isn´t really a challenge. Even buying a lot of them isn´t. Thx to the whole trader/quest system beeing so highly unbalanced.

I never said that building dew collector was the "pinnacle" of anything, don't use hyperboles on me to make it look like I'm talking nonsense.

It was you who said build ONE well in UL is sooo much better.

I can agree on the fact that traders are currently OP, and I'll tell you even more: traders are the ones that are really unbalancing the game right now and making it sometimes repetitive and "boring", if you fall in that trap. Not water.

P.S.: @Roland I asked ages ago if it could be possible, when mergin posts, to have a new line put between them... please, PLEASE, make this happen!

Jost Amman

Jost Amman

Maybe. But this new water mechanics is at its first iteration, so we can expect some balancing in A22.

Hmm... I don't think it's a case of simple balancing, but what do you have in mind? What would solve it?

I think it depends an whether they want to lean back to real survival or forward even more to the looter-shooter trend.

I hope for the former, and in that case my idea of balancing would be to make water and drinks less available from vending machines and the trader, while at the same time making it more frequent to be able to get a filter from the world.

I'd even go for a special quest where you can only get a filter as a sort of quest reward (like a 90% chance to find the filter in the water treatment plant, for example).

As for water itself, I'd simply make the free hands action on water to give you back a jar of radiated water, and add a more complex way for purifying it.

Jost Amman

Jost Amman

As for water itself, I'd simply make the free hands action on water to five you back a jar of radiated water and add a more complex way of purifying it.

Jost Amman

Jost Amman

14 hours ago, theFlu said: