Can’t play with friend on server

IrishRose3563

Anytime me or my friend try to join each others game it absolutely will not let us connect. It loads like it’s going to add us into the game then says can’t connect to server and backs us out to the Home Screen. It’s very frustrating because we played this almost every single day for over a year, took a break, and now that we’re trying to hop back on and play like we used to we can’t even join into the same game. We’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the game, clearing cache, turning off and on our Xbox’s again. Any solutions on how to fix this??

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the online servers for the old console version were closed back on September 30, 2022. You may still be able to play with friends through game invites, but I can't say for sure since I've never tried to myself. Also, I don't think you can just join random people's game/world anymore either because, when I tried to join a random person's game online about a month ago, and I was unable to connect to the servers and was brought back to the main menu shortly after. With that being said, I can't say for certain though so take this with a grain of salt, but it could possibly be due to TFP getting prepared for the new console ports of the game that are currently in development for the PS5 and Series X|S consoles.