Lost everything

ForestGrumpD

I'm playing on Xbox one, update hasn't happened yet so I'm figuring still alpha 15... Anyways, two days ago I was playing, had been for 62 hours/ 62 game days. The game crashed and when I loaded back in my base and everything I had stocked up on and created was gone! I almost had the place completely steel. I'm really bummed that there's not extra load slots to be able to go back and get my base back. I don't know if the fun pimps can help with this problem but I hope maybe somewhere you have my data backed up.

What you encountered is the well known MD5 Error. You can not recover what you lost as both the XBox cloud save and your local save are both synced now that you've restarted the game. TFP doesn't store any of the information themselves, so unless you have a hard copy of the save on an SSD or external drive you won't be able to restore the game.

You can learn more about it in the pinned thread here and at Reddit... https://www.reddit.com/r/7DaysToDieXbox/s/RWe4ZNL2Lx

Edited by Calarg
nomenclature change (see edit history)

6 hours ago, ForestGrumpD said:

What???

I'm new to the forum.

You can either click the link that I posted and it will take you to the XBox 7 Days to Die Reddit, or in this forum (General Discussion) there is a thread pinned above titled "Possible workaround/solution to MD5 error". Either one will give you more information about the error and how to avoid it in the future.

Unfortunately since you've already restarted the game you can not perform the workaround (delete the local save so the game syncs with the cloud save) to remove the half base wipe as restarting it syncs the local and cloud save. You should religiously follow the instruction to keep it from happening again on this game save, or any future game saves.

Edited by Calarg
grammar (see edit history)