Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
4sheetzngeegles

4sheetzngeegles

Pictoral of what I wrote

@Riamus I agree

It would have been a stronger idea if started way back, or as a last alpha.
Most captivating story line games that I have played have an underlying single
goal. Advance through a hierarchy of characters, progressively more difficult
to a singular demigod boss. Rinse repeat. Quests are mostly time fillers because
they are always on the other side of the map. Just my opinion.

Along the way everything else is just filler to keep you occupied until you get
to where you are going. It's most easily viewed in speed runs of these type games.
The other reason for filler is to create anxiety to make it seem more dramatic.

By this I mean, by example, I absolutely love the dark souls series, but when I sit
back and don't role play and look at what it does. The filler is just put there as a
proving gate, the npcs are only trying to lower you hp and or stats, causing hesitation
before the big fight.

The same with Dying Light, especially the Bozak Horde, It's more psychological than
difficult so it makes you play against yourself. That's why they have Bozak talk so often
it's like they had  someone with a psychology degree, write the script, choosing specific phrases.

In 7 Days to Die, the goal is simply don't die by any means necessary, period. There was never
a single matriarch figure glimpsed, The Duke is promised to follow. The only hierarchy ascension
has been the horde type, volume, and intensity. The Duke may or may not have similarities to Negan.

The last part and this is not absolute, In most story line games there is more focus on the WoW factor
vs Multi-genre inclusion. 7DTD would actually have to cut out some of what makes it unique, or condense
a lot of what goes on presently to do a story.

Its a totally different concept from traditional gaming, but for me 7DTD has its story line, I doesn't focus

on a single external character. Its more like "The Never Ending Story" and focuses on you . You are the

Duke ascending. The player is Caesar,Alexander,Napoleon in this game.

A crude picture representation of what I wrote.

Spoiler

StoryModeGameplay.png.9f0acd48225feae901125aecee02dd84.png

4sheetzngeegles

4sheetzngeegles

@Riamus I agree

goal. Advance through a hierarchy of characters, progressively more difficult
to a singular demigod boss. Rinse repeat. Quests are mostly time fillers because

to where you are going. It's most easily viewed in speed runs of these type games.

By this I mean, by example, I absolutely love the dark souls series, but when I sit
back and don't role play and look at what it does. The filler is just put there as a
proving gate, the npcs are only trying to lower you hp and or stats, causing hesitation
before the big fight.

The same with Dying Light, especially the Bozak Horde, It's more psychological than
difficult so it makes you play against yourself. That's why they have Bozak talk so often
it's like they had  someone with a psychology degree, write the script, choosing specific phrases.

In 7 Days to Die, the goal is simply don't die by any means necessary, period. There was never
a single matriarch figure glimpsed, The Duke is promised to follow. The only hierarchy ascension
has been the horde type, volume, and intensity. The Duke may or may not have similarities to Negan.

The last part and this is not absolute, In most story line games there is more focus on the WoW factor
vs Multi-genre inclusion. 7DTD would actually have to cut out some of what makes it unique, or condense

Its a totally different concept from traditional gaming, but for me 7DTD has its story line, I doesn't focus

on a single external character. Its more like "The Never Ending Story" and focuses on you . You are the

4sheetzngeegles

4sheetzngeegles

@Riamus I agree

goal. Advance through a heirarchy of characters, progressively more difficult

before the big fight.

a single matriarch figure glimpsed, The Duke is promised to follow. The only heirarchy ascension

vs Multi-genre inclusion. 7DTD would actually have to cut out aome of what makes it unique, or condense