Water scarcity is game breaking

TheBunz

On 9/25/2023 at 9:03 AM, meganoth said:

It is 24 compared to 20. Still a difference that should not be ignored, and if you consider the digestion buff as well then there is no question that red tea IS what you want to drink until you can switch to pure mineral water.

Don't forget about yucca smoothies.  You take apart a few ice boxes and you have enough snow for a few stacks of those.  Even more water, plus some food and cold resist.

On 9/25/2023 at 10:49 PM, FranticDan said:

Yucca juice smoothie is better than pure mineral water.

Change my mind ;)

No need to change your mind, more water, plus food, plus cold resist.  It is the superior beverage.

I make a combination of both though in end game.  They are so similar, and role playing reasons don't want just 1 beverage lol.

One side effect of the water thing... cooking. Want to boil an egg or meat, or make cornbread? All early game staples, which are virtually pointless now since just being able to hydrate yourself with gallons of water per day will use all of your water reserves. Cooking has essentially be nerfed due to the water changes.

13 hours ago, Zxaiercese said:

One side effect of the water thing... cooking. Want to boil an egg or meat, or make cornbread? All early game staples, which are virtually pointless now since just being able to hydrate yourself with gallons of water per day will use all of your water reserves. Cooking has essentially be nerfed due to the water changes.

I think that was an intended consequence of making water a wee bit harder to come by, and that only (again) affects the most earliest of play throughs.