Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

17 hours ago, meganoth said:

No. I want to tell you that your example does not hold any potential for a crisis. You as a veteran who knows at least 5 ways to get food is complaining that he can't make some specific food already that saves him 3 seconds of eating time.

I would even be happy if they changed back to a random schematic scheme but with the twist that you can't circumvent that with perks. Makes each playthrough a lot more random, increases replayability.

In other words, I don't really like the magazine system in its current form, but the little randomness left that can make someone not being able to cook b&e on day 5 is its only saving grace.

That was one example to show how random the system can be, for the sole purpose to show how rng sucks for skills. Not because i needed bacon and eggs that bad.

To make that clear: RNG and skills is something that should never be related to each other in a game. Not because i can´t get something fast enough but because it´s simply a bad idea. Also because it creates a really horrible meta with looting one place multiple times and abusing fergettin elixir.

At this point it would be better to have a good LBD with seperate perks for crafting an item and using it. Or non LBD with seperate perks for looting and crafting, wich would greatly improve the lenght of a playtrough, but that would also mean the trader rewards need to be nerfed down a lot.

Another option would be quests from non trader NPC´s (or from notes as this would mean a lot of work to implement) that you need to do to get crafting skills.

Anything but rng.

@Krougal There was a time where you needed to find the forge ahead book to be able to make a forge. (A single book, not like the magazines now) and it could take you 20 days aswell with bad luck. There were some POI´s with working forges though, but it could still take a long time until you could use a forge.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

No. I want to tell you that your example does not hold any potential for a crisis. You as a veteran who knows at least 5 ways to get food is complaining that he can't make some specific food already that saves him 3 seconds of eating time.

I would even be happy if they changed back to a random schematic scheme but with the twist that you can't circumvent that with perks. Makes each playthrough a lot more random, increases replayability.

In other words, I don't really like the magazine system in its current form, but the little randomness left that can make someone not being able to cook b&e on day 5 is its only saving grace.

That was one example to show how random the system can be, for the sole purpose to show how rng sucks for skills. Not because i needed bacon and eggs that bad.

To make that clear: RNG and skills is something that should never be related to each other in a game. Not because i can´t get something fast enough but because it´s simply a bad idea. Also because it creates a really horrible meta with looting one place multiple times and abusing fergettin elixir.

At this point it would be better to have a good LBD with seperate perks for crafting an item and using it. Or non LBD with seperate perks for looting and crafting, wich would greatly improve the lenght of a playtrough, but that would also mean the trader rewards need to be nerfed down a lot.

Another option would be quests from non trader NPC´s (or from notes as this would mean a lot of work to implement) that you need to do to get crafting skills.

Anything but rng.

@Krougal There was a time where you needed to find the forge ahead book to be able to make a forge. (A single book, not like the magazines now) and it could take you 20 days aswell with bad luck. There were some POI´s with working forges though, but it could still take a long time until you could use a forge.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

Anything but rng.

@Krougal There was a time where you needed to find the forge ahead book to be bale to make a forge. (A single book, not like the magazines now) and it could take you 20 days aswell with bad luck. There were some POI´s with working forges though, but it could still take a long time until you could use a forge.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

Another option would be quests from non trader NPC´s (or notes as this would mean a lot of work to implement) that you need to do to get crafting skills.

Anything but rng.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

That was one example to show how random the system can be, for the purpose to show how rng sucks for skills. Not because i needed bacon and eggs that bad.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

That was one example to show how random the system can be, for the purpose to show how rng sucks for skills. Not because i needed bacon and eggs that bad.

At this point it would be better to have a good LBD with seperate perks for crafting an item and using it. Or non LBD with seperate perks even, wich would greatly improve the lenght of a playtrough, but that would also mean the trader rewards need to be nerfed down a lot.