Lighting and Sound

RedDog

Sound/Lighting Improvement  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sound distance Improvement needed. (Priority)
    • Lighting improvement needed. (Priority)
    • Sound and Lighting improvement needed. (Both a Priority)
    • Neither are a priority.
    • Neither are a problem.

As a fan of the game coming from Xbox (like Alpha 15?), I am so amazed with where this game is today. I feel strongly that sound and lighting is such an important part of immersion. If there's any feedback at all I could provide for Alpha 21+, I'd really appreciate seeing sound travel further (~2km) for those times you're playing with a group of friends and you hear him/her on the mic screaming cause they're surround by zombies and on their last magazine; I want to be able to hear friends fire off rounds in the town across from me, throw a grenade, or step on a landmine. Also, to add to the environment of a post-apocalyptic world with gangs fighting each other in the distance. Even in single player, some distant sound would be great.

In my current playthrough, I am struggling to see across to the other side of my base or see any of the light in my base at all. I have to be sparse with my candles and torches due to the screaming ladies spawning (that's a different topic); however, with the lights that I do have placed, they can't be seen unless you are within ~15 meters. Particularly lights placed inside. With those lights inside, they may as well not be there when they are viewed from the outside.

Keep up the hard work FunPimps!

Thanks,

RedDog